Bryant McKinnie says Philbin doesn't deserve any blame | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryant McKinnie says Philbin doesn't deserve any blame

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Interesting to hear a view on this subject from someone who spent time in the Dolphins locker room.

[video=youtube;Mvl46E-Rs-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvl46E-Rs-M[/video]

Might have a little more credence if he played with Martin and Cog for more than 1 week and 2 weeks respectively.

I turned it off after he said Turner didn't deserve any blame.

haha, yeah hes lookin for a job! but honestly, i wish we woulda signed him when he was a free agent from the vikes. we prolly woulda never had any of tjese issues as ireland woulda had that spot on lock and went a different direction other than martin

Didn't he join the team AFTER the whole thing blew up?

Interesting to hear a view on this subject from someone who spent time in the Dolphins locker room.

[video=youtube;Mvl46E-Rs-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvl46E-Rs-M[/video]
McKinney needs to shut up. He got on the team after the fact. What does he know about this?

Did he honestly say that Turner shouldn't be to blame? Doesn't the report specifically name Turner as one of the people who knew what was going on?

I feel like Im in a football locker room at this very moment. Step back and look at some of the aggressive posts going around.

I've only been on for about an hour and have been in only a few threads but I have yet to read one post taking into account that most of Martin's suffering was imposed on Martin by Martin. He was his worst bully. On many occasions he expresses the conflict he was battling; his inability to stand up, to bark back with banter of his own and gain the respect of his colleagues by giving as good as he was getting. I just used a freagin shark metaphor in another thread but redundancy be damned: said inability was the blood in the water for others and Martin himself. Believe me gentlemen, there isn't torment that can be conjured worst than that seen in a mirror. Martin was under the tyranny of self-loathing.

Why is this important? The depression Martin was facing, the self-admitted feeling of worthlessness when considered with the obtuse nature of an event the likes of which the NFL has never experienced has to be taken into account when distributing blame. Should Turner be disciplined if Martin would have been able to cope even thrive in this environment?

I believe the harsh treatment went way too far but I also believe that Martin's fear and his hatred of that fear bears a plethora of blame. This situation could have been addressed with tact. The action taken by Martin was extreme and abnormal. Depression, although prevalent, is by crude definition not normal. Why should these coaches assume blame for a quarrel that spans far beyond the reach of the locker room or texts messages?

They should've been more aware. They should've been more proactive and positive but who could have guessed that behavior intended as jokes, harsh or not and accepted widely in the NFL despite harshness, would cause such harm in this ocker room? Why us? How could they have seen Martin coming? He was outside of the norm.

The lesson must now be learned and it goes without saying that this behavior will greatly diminish from here forth.

We are regarding the livelihood of others with such flagrance. If only it were you in that seat. What does Mckinnie's time with the Dolphins have to do with an logical opinion? And whether* you agree with the above point of view or not, you are a blatant liar if for yourself and for your family you would't say anything that needs to be said in order to retain a source of income.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's so weird hearing Stugotz not acting like a buffoon like he is on the LeBatard show.

Le Batard has the best show in Florida and my bias would claim nationally as well. Sometimes it being so bad makes it so good. And Stugotz is a lovable character despite his buffoon-like ways.

I agree with most of this interview. Turner apparently did play a role so thats the only part i disagree with.

I think that it could have been solved as simple as telling someone like a Vet or Philban. Kept everything internal in the locker room, everybody keeps their jobs, the O-line (even though is wasnt great before) doesnt get torn to shreds and thrown to the lions with guys who really arent starters in the NFL.

Its the same as just messing with your friend, if you take a shot at him and he laughs it off no harm done. If you take a shot and he doesnt like it and laughs it off how do you know you hurt the guy. If he doesnt say anything its just fun and games to the guys taking the cracks. I would bet that Incog did the same things to Poucey and Jerry and vice versa but they took it as jokes and not personal. Yes ritchie, poucey, and jerry were at fault but Martin needs to wake up and say something to them man to man not to the media after he is miles away living with mommy and daddy.

I agree with most of this interview. Turner apparently did play a role so thats the only part i disagree with.

I think that it could have been solved as simple as telling someone like a Vet or Philban. Kept everything internal in the locker room, everybody keeps their jobs, the O-line (even though is wasnt great before) doesnt get torn to shreds and thrown to the lions with guys who really arent starters in the NFL.

Its the same as just messing with your friend, if you take a shot at him and he laughs it off no harm done. If you take a shot and he doesnt like it and laughs it off how do you know you hurt the guy. If he doesnt say anything its just fun and games to the guys taking the cracks. I would bet that Incog did the same things to Poucey and Jerry and vice versa but they took it as jokes and not personal. Yes ritchie, poucey, and jerry were at fault but Martin needs to wake up and say something to them man to man not to the media after he is miles away living with mommy and daddy.

I wont go as far as to condone the behavior but I agree it carried on, grew exponentially, and Martin was largely to blame. It pains me to stand on this side of the issue because I have personal experience with depression in my family and I feel for Martin so very much. That pain he was feeling, that suffering; ive witnessed it and its effects firsthand. But it was that mental illness that did not allow him to handle the situation tactfully.

The report repeats- and boy does it do that in extreme redundancy in all facets- that Martin admits to being terrified to speak to coaches because he was afraid of being caught snitching. He couldnt summon the courage of risking being ostracized and facing even worse bullying but then he snitched on a stage so large that it could easily jeopardize the livelihood of 4 entities Martin included. Thats the illness. The illness does not allow one to handle a situation step by step. Its a slow turmoil of gathering of negativity and an internal festering until the point that normal becomes self hatred and it will reach a boiling point either at work, at Thanksgiving, or alone with pills in a bed room.

Incognito has buried himself and he deserves it. How can you be dumb enough to continue to be an idiot in the NFL when you have already been in a negative national spot light not once but twice. And he's also not to blame because how could he have really known the turmoil he was causing Martin? If Martin goes to his friend and says you are doing this to me. Please, dial it down. If that happens and Incognito continues then Incognito is an even bigger weakling than Martin. Then he is truly a bully. Then he is truly scum. But we will never know if Incognito would have helped Martin because Martin's illness made him unable to cope with his anxiety, fears, and that knowledge, the torture of being self aware affected his performance in a work environment. He could not solve his issue in the locker room and he was clearly failing on the gridiron.

I am not surprised that Incognito and the rest of them would behave in this manner. Ive seen jocks of their kind do this and they are the worst kind because the moment they hit on the comment that knifes you- in this situation being Martin's sister- they dont tone it down. They floor the pedal. And if you cant put a stop to it, thats on you, not anyone else.

I have to continue to repeat myself in posting that the main focus in this matter should apply to the behavior in the work place. I dont care what illness or toughness you posses, you shouldnt have to go to work and deal with **** because people can get away with being dik$. We've all had days when you could screw around with anyone in the office (most likely pay Fridays) and we've all had days where you'd f@cking take a flame-thrower to the building if it wouldnt cost your freedom. But no one should have to deal with it. Now, this wrong will be righted.

The wrongs Martin has committed due to his illness has affected how many people? How many? This entire situation is his fault. Its unfair, man, because i tell you- depression is a monster and severe depression can cost you your life. But it doesnt take away from the fact that Martin was the source. Martin held his future in his hands. Martin decided to take that future, let it morph into a bomb, and then strapped it to himself inside the Miami Dolphins' house. This explosion and the casualties that will follow is the result.

My whole theory is Martin's mom was involved and they were playing along for a lawsuit. Thats why he never told anyone. This report makes Martin "the good guy."

So now they have the football in their hands. What do you think is next? If the guy is stopping short of answering questions from an interview from two weeks ago?

Lawsuit is on its way and it may be sticking around for a year or two. meanwhile, the NFL is about to become language police with warning signs like "hot coffee" for Mcdonalds.

The only good that comes out of this and this is a big if is that teams will still want Martin and we can get something in a trade. I would think trading for players who the team might like to get rid of anyways.

As for Turner, he denies knowing anything. The report only states they do not believe the male blow up doll thing. Turner supposedly asked Martin if he needed help and he turned it away. So really, how can anyone prove anything unless a court of law forces him to say something he did not say to Wells?

Its up to the Miami Dolphins to make a move to save a what little egg is left on their face from a "right now" standpoint. If Mckinney is saying that Turner couldnt have known too much, who on the outside can dispell that? Fact is, no one can. Wells report states opinion when it comes right down to it. Its not proven, which is why there are many who say the report falls short.

Back
Top Bottom