Bryant McKinnie visiting dolphins per darlington | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryant McKinnie visiting dolphins per darlington

NFL.com's Jeff Darlington reports free agent LT Bryant McKinnie is visiting the Dolphins on Monday.
The news comes less than an hour after the Miami Herald reported the Dolphins had "NO" interest in the 33-year-old left tackle. McKinnie is aging and has baggage to spare, but is coming off a strong playoff run for the Ravens, and is easily the top left tackle on the open market. He'd be a much better option on Ryan Tannehill's blindside than shaky second-year pro Jonathan Martin. Adding McKinnie would allow the Dolphins to develop Martin on the right side for another year before readdressing the situation next offseason.
Source: Jeff Darlington on Twitter

If he's 100% committed to the team and comes into TC in shape this is definitely a good stopgap signing.

id sign him cheap to push Martin at LT and still sign Winston anyway.

Maybe he comes in with a chip on his shoulders and give us a good year.

Conflicting reports.

May not be a bad stopgap signing, but Buyer beware, Mckinnie has a lot of baggage.

Sign him up. He was extremely solid in the post-season.

He was good in the post season BUT wasnt very good during the regular season. i believe he got benched for being out of shape and not playing well at all... then regained his starting job after an injury. I dont know if he will be able to make it a full season

Hope he likes humidity and a sauna like atmosphere. Should assist him in the weight loss department.

This is a leverage attempt to get Albert.

I have always been a B Mac fan.

It is so obvious to me they do not trust Martin at LT. That is becoming apparent. The team's hand might be forced in the end, however, if they cannot find a good enough replacement.

What baggage does Mkinnie bring? Everyone mentions baggage but, doesn't say what that baggage is.

I like the fact that Ireland isn't leaving any stone unturned. Albert trade, Winston, Mckinnie. I don't think its leverage, I really think he just wants to persue all options and knows waiting can only help him.

Back
Top Bottom