Bryant McKinnie was released by the Vikings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryant McKinnie was released by the Vikings

mia4ever

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
WOW. Bryant McKinnie was released by the Vikings. I can't imagine it will take him too long to find another job.

sign he now Ireland..................please

Might be a good idea to sign him to a conditional incentive laden contract.

He probably needs 10 weeks to get in shape.

Max Starks is pretty much the same story only Starks is younger.

If Vernon Carey is going bye bye, a good right tackle is a need.

I think both Starks and McKinnie will find their way to other teams.

McKinnie got a fat contract a few years ago and then just got fat and lazy. He has huge skills, but he seems to be unmotivated. If we were to even consider bringing him down here (and you do so because the huge possible payoff), you'd have to have sign him to a 1 year deal (with incentives), sign a dietician and conditioning coach along with him and have the line coach kicking his butt every 5 minutes. Hence . . . I don't think they sign him because it would cause them too much work.

McKinnie is not the player he used to be. Not sure I would sign him to anything more than backup money and try him on the right side. His kick has gotten slow and he's had a lot of issues with speed rushers. He'll be 32 in Sept and he hasn't kept himself in the best of shape.

Again, why the heck are we messing with Tackles when we need to be addressing the Guard position on this O-line that is still a mess.

wow.. i saw him on some local real estate show.. he's got a luxury high rise condo overlooking the beach in SoBe. Let's bring him "home"

McKinnie is not the player he used to be. Not sure I would sign him to anything more than backup money and try him on the right side. His kick has gotten slow and he's had a lot of issues with speed rushers. He'll be 32 in Sept and he hasn't kept himself in the best of shape.

Again, why the heck are we messing with Tackles when we need to be addressing the Guard position on this O-line that is still a mess.

who's "we"

Bring him to camp....if he isn't motivated or doesn't get in shape cut him...he might be motivated to come back to Miami

Back
Top Bottom