Bua | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bua

JPhinfan86

Chief of the Finheaven Iowa Chapter.
Reaction score
I was watching a "Gridiron Classic" on the Sunshine Network (yes, Sunshine in Iowa)...it was the University of Florida versus Arkansas. Florida beat up on Arkansas until late in the 4th (just to refresh some memories). At 4:02 left in the game Bua had an awesome weak side blitz where he nailed Leak for about a five yard loss. At about 1:32 left in the game Bua was flagged for Roughing the Passer which negated and Arkansas INT. A rather crappy call IMO. It ended up costing the Razorbacks the game. I noticed in this game that Bua isn't all that big, but he sure can pop a guy if he needs to.

I guess my question is, is Bua intended to make the transition to linebacker from safety? Or is his "mentorship" with Zach just strictly for discipline? I haven't really paid much attention to Bua (i've known about him, but never focused on him) and want to know if any of you think it would even be feasible for him to play LB.

EDIT: I just noticed that this was post # 500 for me....cooooool. :bravo: :rocker: :party: :lol:

Geez....I don't wanna second guess him because of his size, but he doesn't have a linebackers build. They say Zach was small....he wasn't, just short. He has the neck and build of a LB. Bua looks exactly like a safety, like the second coming of John Lynch. They are the pro's though, they must see something. I'll be glad to be wrong.

there is definately to much hype about this guy, sure he can hit, from what i´ve read about him, but can he play with pads on , i mean there must be a reason he wasn´t a first rounder, i know gems are found in the late rounds, but he has to make it happen at camp, or he is just another justin seavern, i´m really more excited about corey jenkins, i hope this guy can contribute this year

I wish I could be of more help, but I read 'somewhere' on the day we drafted Bua that he played at LB before playing safety. That he moved to Safety some time in college...please don't ask me where I read this, I think it was one of those scouting reports. But I do remember reading it.

Bua played both safety and LB at Arkansas. He was mainly drafted to be a special teams demon and perhaps over 3-4 years develop enough size to play LB.

But, look at what Larry Izzo has done in this league. I think letting Izzo go, along with several other players, was one of the factors that led to our special teams dropping from the top echelon to middle of the road.

I think Spielman realizes this and if Bua or Derrick Pope come through as special teams players - to go along with some of the other DB's we have who are also noted special teamers (Chris Atkins, for one), we should have a much improved unit. If these guys can cause an extra 3-4 turnovers over the course of the season, or big plays that pin a team deep in it's territory - it will make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom