Bubble Screens | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bubble Screens

kellyh3034

Scout Team
Reaction score
I guess they really work in practice because for the life of me I cannot understand why Lazor keeps calling them in the game. Stop it already.:crazy:

When you have a WR like Jarvis Landry . . . the bubble screen can effectively be like a run play, where you throw to your WR and he gets YAC and gets a nice gain on first down.

I do agree, he used it too much, but I understand why he likes the call . . . . Jarvis will break tackles all day.

These never seem to work as well for us in games as they're supposed to. I don't know if it's because everyone knows they're coming and they are well-prepared for defending them or if it's because our guys can't execute well.

A lot of teams use the bubble screen quite a bit these days. Last year I swear Arizona would run it 10-15 times a game.

Screens, bubble screens, play action pass, draws (aka constraint plays) are all used when a defense is cheating. They are not always used for the mere sake of being a single successful play but rather to keep a defense honest throughout the game. When the Redskins, or any team for that matter, cheats inside to stack the run game bubble screens are an effective way to make them back off and respect the boundaries. It's really that simple and there's nothing more to it.

Can't say I'm really a fan of it either. Tannehill threw one yesterday that was completely covered and was lucky it wasn't picked off. Also seems like our downfield blocking isn't ever good enough to gain yards. And the throws rarely seem on time/on point so when the receiver gets it, they either have to adjust to it or already have a few guys in their face. Rarely do you see Tannehill hit those in stride

I think weve actually had a lot of success with them, particularly when they go to Landry. I get nervous every time I see it thrown though...

Back
Top Bottom