Buccaneers’ defense offers Jay Ajayi, Dolphins opportunity at an ideal start | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buccaneers’ defense offers Jay Ajayi, Dolphins opportunity at an ideal start

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
20170531-ale-dolphins-camp-025-e1497042904153.jpg

Last season Tampa Bay finished 22nd in run defense, allowing 1,875 total yards on the ground and 4.4 yards per carry. The Buccaneers’ struggles against the run should bode well for the Dolphins, who will enter the game with a new quarterback and a running back with high expectations.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...ajayi-dolphins-opportunity-at-an-ideal-start/

They added DT Chris Baker from Washington in free agency to help against the run... something we should have done

We'll see. Judging by the score in the 3rd (6-3) sounds like TB's starters had trouble scoring against Cleveland last week. Not that preseason means much but if we're going to judge us based off it we have to judge them too.

Both defenses will get scorched. Just a question of who's able to limit the opposing offense to FGs.

Nothing is ever ideal for us and nothing ever comes easy either. Even playing at home it will not be an easy game for us.

Ozzy rules!!

I think Miami is in a position where the offense will have to cover for the defense in most games. The Dolphins are playing a lot of quality teams this year and with that comes some of the better quarterbacks in the NFL as well.

The first game will tell us a lot, but judging by the preseason it's hard to get excited about Miami's defense.

Tampa looked bad last week. If they dont have McCoy it will definitely be an ideal defense

Problem with that article is it uses horrible stats. Tampa started the season last year with a new HC and D.C., and the first half of the year they were absolutely horrible defensively (and bad offensively too), but the second half of the year the defense clicked and was one of the best in the league over that span. They also had a lot of injuries.

Tying to project from the third preseason game is also pointless as the Bucs rested a ton of starters on both sides of the ball. Both Evans and DJax sat on offense as well as the starting LG and RT. On D McCoy and Kwon Alexander as well as Brent Grimes all sat. Basically 90% of the teams stars didn't play.

The,one good thing dolphin fans might like is that Koetter ran a very soft camp this year after having so many injuries last year, so the Bucs might come out slow.

I remember last year the Dolphins defense made Kaep look like a hall of famer. Winston is similar to Kaep, he can run but might me less accurate.
If we don't have a solid game plan to contain Winston.... we are in trouble my friends...

I remember last year the Dolphins defense made Kaep look like a hall of famer. Winston is similar to Kaep, he can run but might me less accurate.
If we don't have a solid game plan to contain Winston.... we are in trouble my friends...

Winston has absolutely nothing in common with Kaep.

Back
Top Bottom