Bucky Brooks likes D.Williams or A.Bradshaw to Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucky Brooks likes D.Williams or A.Bradshaw to Miami

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d8203c97a/Free-agent-RB-destinations?module=HP_cp2[/video]

Seems the Broncos with John Fox could be a threat for D.Williams since he loves his duel RB threat and obvious relationship with D.Williams and Moreno having durability issues

Brooks says D.Williams would be a perfect explosive fit for the Dolphins, and if he's not available, that Miami "has their eye on" Bradshaw and that either player would be a great fit with D.Thomas

Also for the Sproles fan club, Steve Wyche think the Rams could be a player for him for a change of pace back for Steven Jackson

Why do we need either one of these guys? We have a Williams type on Thomas now with either ricky or ronnie staying put, and a bradshaw type in Sheets. Since sheets hasnt done anything to prove anything, Bradshaw would be the better choice IMO.

Why do we need either one of these guys? We have a Williams type on Thomas now with either ricky or ronnie staying put, and a bradshaw type in Sheets. Since sheets hasnt done anything to prove anything, Bradshaw would be the better choice IMO.

Williams is LITERALLY the opposite type of back than Thomas.

Sheets is done in my opinion. Sheets had speed. That was his main asset and with an achilles tear the main issue is that you lose your speed. He will have a very hard time coming back. I'd be surprised if he even makes the roster.

I would welcome either guy. I've loved DeAngelo Williams going back to his days at Memphis and even though he's older (28) and has had more durability issues than Bradshaw (who's 25) I would very much welcome him becoming a Dolphin. I love running backs with great vision and for my money there's no one in the NFL with better vision than Williams. Bradshaw is a very good pass protector and runs violently but he's prone to mental errors and isn't known as the best character guy. Plus, he had major problems fumbling last year (seven times, which is more than Williams has had his entire career).

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love for the lock-out to end so we can put all these two pit rumors to bed and start Real Free Agency --- it's been the same reports day in and day out - reporters have nothing else to talk about - i'm not killing the messinger here i'm just sick and tired of this BS ...... LETS GET SOME FOOTBALL HERE ----

DeAngelo Williams is obviously the superior RB in this year's class.

Bradshaw is an extreme injury risk and he fumbles.

Norwood is also injured constantly but would cost a lot lot less than the others.

Dolphins should not have traded up for Thomas. We could have had Alex Green and TE Jordan Cameron.

Don't forget the undrafted rookies. There are still some interesting guys available for dirt cheap.

Derrick Locke and Noel Devine as scatbacks, but I like Anthony Allen to be the next Foster type RB.

Williams is LITERALLY the opposite type of back than Thomas.

Sheets is done in my opinion. Sheets had speed. That was his main asset and with an achilles tear the main issue is that you lose your speed. He will have a very hard time coming back. I'd be surprised if he even makes the roster.

Is he? Ill admit I dont know much about thomas but they are both powerful backs that have decent speed and good elusiveness.

Is he? Ill admit I dont know much about thomas but they are both powerful backs that have decent speed and good elusiveness.

IF you don't know much about them than don't bother comparing ! DeAngelo has never and will never be considered a powerful back.
And Thomas doesnt have decent speed. Thomas is a slower Ronnie Brown, only he has natural vision as a runner.

IF you don't know much about them than don't bother comparing ! DeAngelo has never and will never be considered a powerful back.
And Thomas doesnt have decent speed. Thomas is a slower Ronnie Brown, only he has natural vision as a runner.
Maybe to you 5-9 220lbs is not powerful. I guess you considered ricky not a powerful back either as they both have the same makeup. I know enough about williams to know he is/was a fast powerful back.

Moving to a ZBS, I'll take Noel Devine as a stopgap for dirtcheap.

DeAngelo Williams is obviously the superior RB in this year's class.

Bradshaw is an extreme injury risk and he fumbles.

Norwood is also injured constantly but would cost a lot lot less than the others.

Dolphins should not have traded up for Thomas. We could have had Alex Green and TE Jordan Cameron.

Don't forget the undrafted rookies. There are still some interesting guys available for dirt cheap.

Derrick Locke and Noel Devine as scatbacks, but I like Anthony Allen to be the next Foster type RB.

Williams is the top RB in this class, but I don't want him. At 28 he is on the downside of his career, when is the last time you saw a RB effective after the age of 30? Coming off an injury season he might start to rapidly decline.

Bradshaw is an extreme injury risk? He's missed two games the last 3 seasons, he does fumble a lot, but hell Adrian Peterson had a fumbling problem, it is something that is easily correctable. Just look at Tiki Barber and AP, its a mental thing.

Norwood hasn't been effective since 2008 and will turn 28 before the season begins, not the kind of a guy I would give more than the minimum too.

As for your undrafted free agents I agree with most of them. I would take a flyer out on a few of those guys, see if they can crack the roster. As of right now only DT has a guaranteed roster spot at the tail back position, we could use some solid young depth.

The key thing for free agency is who is going to be a FA. We still don't know if Bradshaw and Williams are going to be UFA or RFAs. Depending on the rules it could completely change who we could reasonably go after.

Back
Top Bottom