Bucky Brooks' Potential First Round Surprises | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucky Brooks' Potential First Round Surprises

I agree with him that Morgan Moses, Kyle Van Noy, Demarcus Lawrence, Deone Buchanon and Kyle Fuller could all go 1st round. Whether that's a surprise or not just depends on your point of view.

A run on any of those position can and will make teams "desperate" to sign a need...

Bitonio has been getting a lot more love since he's also started taking snaps at center in some private workouts. Teams view him as a plug and play guy all over the line. Both he and Moses (and maybe one or 2 other OL) could go a lot higher than you'd expect similar to the run we had last year with DJ Fluker, Kyle Long, Justin Pugh, and Travis Frederick all shooting up into the first round (Fluker was getting some 1st round love, with San Diego's desperation for OT pushing him even higher up the board).

Buchannon is a guy who impresses me a lot whenever I watch film so a first would be justifiable.

Is Fuller really a surprise anymore? Most seem to have him as the 2nd or 3rd ranked corner.

Hill or Hyde both could sneak into the first, but I think Hyde is a bit more likely.

I like Corey Latimer but not in the first

Seems like every year there's a Boise State player that shoots up draft boards so not shocked that Lawrence is getting some love.

Rumors are the Cards really like McCarron, but it sounds like teams are more willing to gamble on Mettenberger early... or even Tom Savage....

Van Noy has always been kind of a fringe first rounder.

The reality is very few people are qualified to declare whether any of those players are a "reach". Very few have enough contacts to truly have a good idea of where a majority of the NFL teams are ranking the players vertically, as even the teams themselves have those vertical boards in constant flux. And if labeling a pick a "reach" means making a qualitative comment about whether the player is a better football player than other football players also available, as opposed to simply making a "value" qualification based on rumor-mongering of where "consensus" (which doesn't exist nor should it exist) has a player...then there are even fewer people qualified to make that judgment.

About 99% of the criticism you hear/make about reaches and whether this guy should go 19 or shouldn't go until about 25 or stuff like that...comes from totally unqualified sources.

Cody Latimer was one of my late round sleepers at WR. Athletic, big WR with very good leaping ability. I was thinking he'd be a nice pick in the 6th or 7th round but looks like he may go a little sooner.

I would take CB Kyle Fuller of Va Tech over Justin Gilbert or Dennard. He has great size and ball instinct,,,makes all the plays. If we go CB, this guy would be ok with me at #19.

[video=youtube;G8o-aandA74]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8o-aandA74[/video]

I think Kyle Fuller and Jason Verrett are two very good corner prospects and would take either over Dennard though I'm not positive on Robey or Gilbert yet as I have more research to do.

The biggest sin either of those guys Fuller or Verrett commits on the field is biting too aggressively underneath at times. They don't make mistakes because of shortcomings of ability which is what I feel Dennard does. They make mistakes by having a mindset that perhaps needs tweaking.

odd to me that brooks says skeptics question van noys physicality and toughness when what i question is his athleticism and versatility...sam backer in a 43...but i don't think you can get by with that going anywhere but forward on obvious passing downs

for miami he's not worth a 1st rounder with misi locked up in front of him i know that much...

odd to me that brooks says skeptics question van noys physicality and toughness when what i question is his athleticism and versatility...sam backer in a 43...but i don't think you can get by with that going anywhere but forward on obvious passing downs

for miami he's not worth a 1st rounder with misi locked up in front of him i know that much...

I agree with bucky's version. The Van Noy I remember from 2012 was phenomenal in space and in coverage. Amazing instincts. He looked more natural playing the ball than the guys he was defending. In 2013 he seemed to be less active and not as tough. I sense he coasted a bit.

I tend to ignore a player's final year if I've seen brilliance earlier. That's why I think Van Noy is undervalued. I must say I've been more than bewildered by some recent scouting reports here, from yourself and j-off-her-doll, because they ran exactly opposite of my impression of Van Noy. I think he'll revert to 2012 form and the questions about his 3rd down ability will be long gone.

I agree with bucky's version. The Van Noy I remember from 2012 was phenomenal in space and in coverage. Amazing instincts. He looked more natural playing the ball than the guys he was defending. In 2013 he seemed to be less active and not as tough. I sense he coasted a bit.

I tend to ignore a player's final year if I've seen brilliance earlier. That's why I think Van Noy is undervalued. I must say I've been more than bewildered by some recent scouting reports here, from yourself and j-off-her-doll, because they ran exactly opposite of my impression of Van Noy. I think he'll revert to 2012 form and the questions about his 3rd down ability will be long gone.

i definitely saw a more athletic guy in 2012 with van noy...don't know if he played lighter and put on weight or what but 2013 and the senior bowl work and combine you could see he had some issues in space...

I agree with him that Morgan Moses, Kyle Van Noy, Demarcus Lawrence, Deone Buchanon and Kyle Fuller could all go 1st round. Whether that's a surprise or not just depends on your point of view.

You are right. Some of Brook's"revelations" are not really surprises.

I have Bucannon, Fuller, Hill, and Van Noy as top 32 guys. I have Latimer in the group with J. Matthews and A. Robinson (just outside the top 32), and if Mettenberger is well, I can easily see a team liking him in the late 1st.

I like Marcus Smith better than I do Lawrence. Moses is a solid 2nd, and Bitonio (in this draft) looks more like a 3rd to me. If someone decides to draft McCarron in the first two rounds, I hope it's an AFC East team. Wouldn't consider him before the 5th.

marcus smith is a nice player solid 2nd round pick i'd say as a 34 olb...good player at louisville underrated edge rusher in this class

i have him as a top 50

marcus smith is a nice player solid 2nd round pick i'd say as a 34 olb...good player at louisville underrated edge rusher in this class

i have him as a top 50

I agree that he looks like a 3-4 OLB (as a best fit). He just looks better rushing the QB out of a 2-point stance, and he moves really well in space for a guy his size. Biggest concern I see is the one-year wonder issue, BUT he came to Louisville as a QB, so you might chalk it to just needing that time to develop. Very good athlete, very good player as a senior.

Back
Top Bottom