Bucky's Best: Brandon Albert #9 LT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucky's Best: Brandon Albert #9 LT

gafin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
9) Branden Albert, Miami Dolphins: After pursuing Albert last year on the trade market, the Dolphins finally got their man in free agency, giving the team a blue-chip offensive tackle to protect young quarterback Ryan Tannehill. The seventh-year pro is a nimble, big-bodied blocker with the balance, body control and agility to handle speedy edge rushers. In addition, Albert displays the strength to anchor against rugged foes executing bull rushes or other power maneuvers.

Former Dolphin Jake Long not listed among top 10. I guess injuries have taken their toll on him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...joe-thomas-tyron-smith-among-blindside-beasts

If he performs like a top 10 left tackle I will take it...I expect to see less outside in pressure off the edge this year on the left side and less the left tackle being walked back into the qb

I also expect to see less blown site adjustment calls...

. yup.would u rather have paid less and had a lesser talented LT?

Than the third best option in this free agent class? The oldest and most injury prone? Who has never been a top level lt?

Still pissed about that.

so when espn and nfl ranks Dolphins in bottom 2 projected teams in league, everyone disregards the list. Now we have Bucky ranking our LT@ 9, and it's used to criticize the contract we gave him?? I prefer to let on field production be my measuring stick.

I ****ing hate every offseason. Can't wait for the season to start.

Albert is VG in pass protect but average at best on the run. He was actually VG in run blocking in 2011, before the injuries started. He also gave up 9 penalties last year (5th worst of all OT's, and that was with missing 4 games. #9 overall may be a bit high.

Back
Top Bottom