13. Oakland Raiders - Darnell Bing S USC
14. St Louis Rams - Mathias Kiwanaku DE Boston College
15. Philadelphia Eagles - Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota
16. Denver Broncos - Marcedes Lewis TE UCLA
17. San Diego Chargers - Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State
18. New England Patriots - LaRon Landry S LSU
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Ahmad Brooks LB Virginia
20. Atlanta Falcons - Marcus McNeill OT Auburn
21. Pittsburgh Steelers - Martin Nance WR Miami (OH)
22. Kansas City Chiefs - Rodrique Wright DT Texas
23. New York Giants - DeMeco Ryans LB Alabama
24. Dallas Cowboys - Jonathan Scott OT Texas
25. San Diego Chargers - Jeremy Trueblood OT Boston College
26. Chicago Bears - Derek Hagan WR Arizona State
27. Carolina Panthers - Vernon Davis TE Maryland
28. Jacksonville Jaguars - Tamba Hali DE Penn State
29. Cincinatti Bengals - Gabe Watson DT Michigan
30. Seattle Seahawks - Chad Jackson WR Florida
31. Denver Broncos - Tye Hill CB Clemson
32. Miami Dolphins - Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt
33. Houston Texans - Max Jean-Gilles OT Georgia

*Redskins Trade #16 overall to the Denver Broncos for stuff last year
*Colts Trade #32 overall to the dolphins for there 2nd round pick and 4th round pick

I had to throw that first pick of the 2nd round in there showing that houston is ready to protect david carr...getting the top tackle and top guard in the draft.

unifiedtheory said:
Good job Budd....but there is no way D'Brickashaw Ferguson goes #1 overall.

you must know something 3/4th the country doesnt know then man. D'brick is guarenteed #1 overall if the texans are picking...which they are. They need to improve there oline and there isnt a tackle better then him in the draft...hes everybit as good as Robert Gallery coming out a couple years ago

i think eric w would look very good in aqua and orange - nice avatar budd ;)

i wouldnt mind winston but id rather greenway...good work budd :up:

RAS25 said:
i wouldnt mind winston but id rather greenway...good work budd :up:

greenway would be an excellent addition but if were in a spot to take the hometown favorite winston i doubt we pass. The guys a sure fire left tackle and if this mock works to be true we'd get a qb in cutler as well :D

Buddwalk said:
greenway would be an excellent addition but if were in a spot to take the hometown favorite winston i doubt we pass. The guys a sure fire left tackle and if this mock works to be true we'd get a qb in cutler as well :D

either one would be fine with me though think saban would really consider greenway he is a big fast animal and with the way our line has been playing we wouldnt have such a urgency to draft lineman and there will be quality ones in the later rounds .....and id be really happy if we were able to pull that trade off and get cutler if it goes down the way you have it i would be sooooooo happy

I dont agree with Brick going #1 overall. I would HATE as a team to give that much guaranteed money to a LT. LT is one of the hardest positions to transition from college to the NFL. When you draft in the top 3 and you are giving out those huge contracts with that 50 million signing bonus, you want a sure fire impact player. LT isnt that position. If Im Houston, I take Reggie Bush.

With a RB, you pretty much know what you are getting. RB is the one position that can really produce their rookie year and can produce constantly. Heck, look at Robery Gallery. Also this draft is LOADED with LT's. You can get your LT with the first pick in the second round.

Although I completely agree Brick should be the top LT taken, if I had to give that #1 contract to a LT or a RB, I would give it to a RB in a heartbeat because you are almost guaranteed production. With a LT, its not as set in stone.

Ngata would be a great pick for the Ravens. Their DT's are horrible and way undersized. If they have the pick before us, I would put money on them taking a DT. Personally, im hoping we get Ngata but I would settle for a LT.

Also, the Eagles just signed Westbrook to an extension and drafted Moats last year. They have a gaping hole at WR and with Tra Thomas going down and John Runyan getting up there in age, might be in the market for an OT also. RB isnt their top need. Their run D is also weak. Philly would take a LB, OT, WR, and DT before another RB in the 1st round IMO.

yea its hard to say a LT goes #1 in the draft. its also hard to say that Winston will got that high. i dont think Jimmy Williams will go that either. and i doubt there will be 4 WRs from this class go in the first round. Holmes and Jackson probably, doubt the Nance and Hagan will.

And i would probably slit my wrists if Ngata gets 1 pick from us and is picked there.

Buddwalk said:
you must know something 3/4th the country doesnt know then man. D'brick is guarenteed #1 overall if the texans are picking...which they are. They need to improve there oline and there isnt a tackle better then him in the draft...hes everybit as good as Robert Gallery coming out a couple years ago

It is pretty clear the Texasn want, and need, him but I still don't think a LT would go #1 overall, I think the Texasns would try to trade down to get him, that way ALL that $ isn't spent on a position that is pretty hard to make a transition to. That or they take Bush/Leinart and use him as trade bait. I just can't picture Brick goin 1st overall. He is definately high first round worthy, and without a doubt the best LT in the draft, prolly best OL period, but #1 overall? I can't picture it. I still thing the Texans try for him, I just think they trade down in the process.

Why would the Saints take Michael Huff?

They signed Dwight Smith in the offseason last year and drafted Josh Bullocks in the second round last year. They are set at safety.

Bad pick.

Ngata would be a better pick.

Eagles won't draft RB. They signed Westbrook to an extension and have other needs. A WR, OT, or DE would make more sense.

Buccaneers have bigger problems at OL then to draft a LB.

Marcus McNeill is a bad pick for the Falcons. They play an Alex Gibbs scheme. They like smaller, quicker OL. McNeill is 6-9 and is way too big for that line.

The Giants' LBs aren't bad. They need DT help. A guy like Gabe Watson or Claude Wroten would be a better pick.

Scott is too low.

Trueblood is too high. Whitworth or even Daryn Colledge will go before him.

Bears would take Leonard Pope or Vernon Davis over a WR. They have plenty of young WRs.

Jaguars' DEs are fine. Spicer and Hayward are playing very well. Jaguars would take a CB like Hill or a S.

Denver drafted 3 CBs last year and they are playing well. They won't go CB in the first round. Look for them to got DE, DT, OT, or S. Whitworth or Colledge should be the pick.

Jean-Gilles plays OG not OT.

The Dolphins would have to give up a little more in that trade.

Philter25 said:
I dont agree with Brick going #1 overall. I would HATE as a team to give that much guaranteed money to a LT. LT is one of the hardest positions to transition from college to the NFL. When you draft in the top 3 and you are giving out those huge contracts with that 50 million signing bonus, you want a sure fire impact player. LT isnt that position. If Im Houston, I take Reggie Bush.

The Texans don't need a RB. The have Dominick Davis who they gave a contract extension not too long ago.

Davis is their best offensive weapon.

If you want a bunch of money tied up into one position and have them split playing time, then sure take Bush.

Ferguson is the right pick there.

Even Reggie Bush would struggle behind the Texans current OL.

The main reason I agree with the Texans taking Brick is because they have ALWAYS said (since their inagural draft) that the "key to winning starts with the oline". Considering they STILL do not have any stability on the line, I can totally see it.

You guys are crazy if you think the texans will draft anyone else other then dbrick...they could possibly trade down but if they stay dbrick is the pick

LSUSAINT said:
The Texans don't need a RB. The have Dominick Davis who they gave a contract extension not too long ago.

You are correct:

Texans running back Domanick Davis' two consecutive 1,000-yard seasons have earned him a five-year contract extension worth $21.1 million.

Davis gets a $5 million signing bonus and the same $380,000 base salary  the minimum for a third-year player  he was scheduled to make in his original contract.
Beginning in 2006, Davis' base salaries are $1.7 million, $3.34 million, $4.180 million and $4.55 million.

Davis will be paid a $1.2 million option bonus in March. He'll also receive an $800,000 roster bonus next year.

Davis' new contract takes up $1 million more in salary-cap space.

The $5 million signing bonus is spread over five years, and $1 million of it counts against the cap each year.

Personally, that contract is eatable IMO after the 2006 season. He has an 800k roster bonus and his base salary jumps up to 3.34 million and then higher in the final 2 years of his contract.

I agree that DBrick would fill the biggest need for the Texans, my point was I would hate to draft him that high and give him that high of a contract. You are basically giving a LT a 50 million signing bonus and its very hard for a LT to transition into the NFL. See Robert Gallery.

Im not calling it the wrong pick, because it fills their biggest need, I would just absolutely hate to give guaranteed money and a 50 million signing bonus to a LT over a RB or QB. At least with a RB you have guaranteed production and this draft is deep with good LTs. You should get quality at the OT position with the first pick in the 2nd round.

Back
Top Bottom