20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt
21. Jacksonville Jaguars - Marcus McNeil OT Auburn
22. Kansas City Chiefs - Rodrique Wright DT Texas
23. Dallas Cowboys - Jeremy Trueblood OT Boston College
24. Denver Broncos - Mercedes Lewis TE UCLA
25. Carolina Panthers - DeMeco Ryans LB Alabama
26. Seattle Seahawks - Demetrius Williams WR Oregon
27. Atlanta Falcons - Daryn Colledge OT Boise State
28. Pittsburgh Steelers - Martin Nance WR Miami (OH)
29. Houston Texans - Max Jean-Gilles OG Georgia
30. New York Giants - Charles Gordon CB Kansas
31. Cincinnati Bengals - Jesse Mahelona DT Tennessee
32. Indianapolis Colts - Bobby Carpenter LB Ohio State

*Vikings Trade Daunte Culpepper to Arizona Cardinals for 7th overall pick
*Vikings Trade 13th overall pick to San Diego for Philip Rivers
*Redskins Trade 24th overall pick to Broncos for last years Deal
*Denver Trades #29 overall for Houston Texans 2006 and 2007 2nd round picks

QB Brady Quinn [Teams playing for a national title next year...its a lock now thats weis is staying for sure]
QB Vince Young [Staying so he can have a shot at a national title before he leaves for the draft]
QB Omar Jacobs [Injured so he needs to rebuild his stock...could be a top 10 pick in 2007 Draft]
QB Sam Keller Arizona St. [If he has another great year he could project himself as the top qb]
QB Drew Stanton Michigan St. [He stays for his senior season to add a year of consistency and it will only help his draft stock]
QB Chris Leak Florida [He has to stay for his senior season and truely break out for him to get his stock talk back]
RB Michael Bush Louisville [If he has the same kinda year as he is now next year...then hes a first round lock]
RB Lendale White USC [With Reggie Bush gone, he'll be the focus of the offense and he could show the world that he isnt reggies crutch]
WR Chad Jackson Florida [Mainly staying to help Chris Leak out, and to build his stock going into next year as the #1 reciever in the country]

the jets' secondary is pretty young as it is, i don't think they'd take williams. maybe the OTHER williams, deangelo, as curtis martin isn't getting any younger

That's a pretty good mock. I like Scott better than Winston, but that's based on only a couple of games. Just looks like Scott moves better, kind of in the Richmond Webb mold (very athletic).

Let me ask you this. If Vince Young declares and he's there when Miami picks do you pull the trigger? The upside with him is so exciting, while admittedly he's also quite a risk.

I also like Huff, but #9 might be too high for him and Landry if he comes out (probably around 20 range). The Oregon DT Haloti could be awesome in the middle. Can you imagine him paired with Traylor for a year and with Wright, if he develops?

kastofsna120 said:
what is the exciting upside with young? i'd love to know

He's just such an incredible athlete who has made big strides in his game, which bodes well. Yes, he needs a lot of work and has a high bust factor. But he has fantastic tools to work with and could turn out in the right system with the right coach. I'll say this for him, he seems to elevate his game when his teams needs it most -- although it is mostly with his running the ball.

Personally, I'd rather trade up for Matt Leinart and I like some of the 2nd tier types like Brody Croyle. But, if Vince Young is there when Miami picks and I'm charged with making the selection -- it would be hard to pass him up.

Much better than your last one although I really hope we don't finish with a record worthy of a top 10 pick. I'm hoping mid to late teens and see Cutler's stock rise to justify us taking him there. Unless we do something major in FA in the offseason, the time has come to find a worthy replacement for Dan. Make the investment Nick!

BTW, Vince Young huggers give it up! :lol:

SF Dolphin Fan said:
That's a pretty good mock. I like Scott better than Winston, but that's based on only a couple of games. Just looks like Scott moves better, kind of in the Richmond Webb mold (very athletic).

Let me ask you this. If Vince Young declares and he's there when Miami picks do you pull the trigger? The upside with him is so exciting, while admittedly he's also quite a risk.

I also like Huff, but #9 might be too high for him and Landry if he comes out (probably around 20 range). The Oregon DT Haloti could be awesome in the middle. Can you imagine him paired with Traylor for a year and with Wright, if he develops?

Good questions and thx for the good comments on an early and indecisive mock draft. Not a huge fan of Jon Scott really...actually Winston is the 2nd most athletic Tackle in the league next to D'Brick since he was a TE before [Not bad either] Actually if Vince Young declares I bet someone will be very interested in him in the top 10 and i doubt that team would be miami. Look for miami to pull a deal and trade away there pick to someone highly enamored with Vince Young. Also there is upside with this kid which many has quicky shut down...The kid is a very exciting player to watch every week and honestly I dont see how hes any less of a qb then michael vick is...hes doing every thing vick did in college. Its a huge risk taking any qb coming out not just this kid so dont disclude him just cause of that people. Haloti would be an awesome grab but with the ravens defense kinda struggling and ray lewis looking average this year...the main reason for all that starts up in the middle and there defense line isnt really amazing, mainly because of there tackles. Drafting a solid sure fire stud like Ngata would be a lock at #6 overall if they stay there. Say what ya want about Landry but hes not a better safety then Huff and hasnt proved he is this year. Huff has made plays all year and is clearly the best safety of this class...I really see landry actually staying his senior season to improve his stock. On the other hand one guy I didnt include in this mock whos been a stud is Darnell Bing [Safety of USC] Guy might be the best safety in all on College Football right now...Just i really dont see any signs of him declaring [Im pretty sure hes a really smart kid...wants to finish up college before leaving]

I like our pick, Winston is a monster.

young as an athlete is nowhere near michael vick. a lot slower, not nearly as agile, and a lot easier to tackle, and young is doing it in college with a MUCH better team around him. he doesn't really compare to the elder vick at all

3. Tennessee Titans - Matt Leinart QB USC

This would be a great situation for Leinart & the Titans. He'd get to sit behind McNair for a year (if he doesn't retire), they could trade Volek for a 2nd or 3rd rounder, & it reunites Leinart with Norm Chow. He'd be way ahead of the game if that happened.

SMadison29 said:
This would be a great situation for Leinart & the Titans. He'd get to sit behind McNair for a year (if he doesn't retire), they could trade Volek for a 2nd or 3rd rounder, & it reunites Leinart with Norm Chow. He'd be way ahead of the game if that happened.

Also not to mention the leading candidate for new coach for the titans is Pete Carrol...Imagine having leinart with his old college coach and his old offensive coordinator...could be dangerous ;)

That's a good mock. Looks like you did some research. THe only thing is that I would be surprised to Joe Thomas go in the top 10, even if the Lions do need a RT.

i didn't even notice that...thomas going that high is pretty bizarre, and before mcneil? no way

kastofsna120 said:
i didn't even notice that...thomas going that high is pretty bizarre, and before mcneil? no way

being the expert on the draft as you like to presume i guess you didnt hear did ya. Joe Thomas has had an amazing year man...this point right now it looks like hes a top 15 pick for sure...3rd or 4th best tackle in the draft ;) Also McNeil has struggled against the pass alot this year

Back
Top Bottom