Buddwalks October Mock Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buddwalks October Mock Draft

Good job Budd. Thought I'd give you my POV:

If Mario Williams were to come out he'd easily be the number 2 DE behind Kiwanuka. I've even see some mocks rating him number 1. As of today, he's probably a top 15 prospect. I really can't see him passing that up to stay an extra year in school where he could get injured.
Same goes for Lendale White. He's the type of back that could shoot up the charts with a strong combine. He's got ideal size, speed, and can break loose.
He might be in Bush's shadow but come draft day that won't matter because they'll be judged as football players, with little regards to the team they played on (see Ronnie Brown and Cadillac for example).
I could see him going in the 20's a la Kevin Jones or Stephen Jackson in recent years.

kastofsna120 said:
leinart is the only one there worthy of a first round pick. the others are completely miserable, although i'd take a glance at clemens in the 2nd round

Are we on the same planet here?

Dude Vince Young and Omar Jacobs coming out are both surefire first round draft picks. Vince Young so far has answered all the questions people were asking this year and Jacobs is a solid qb. Clemens is a pretty good qb as well, but people arent really paying attention to him. 18 tds and 3 ints this year so far...I'd say he finishes with like 33 tds and 5 ints when the years done. Im not a Marcus Vick fan at all but if he comes out and Detroit desperately needs a qb, where they would pick in the draft he'd be the best choice, unless they move up or make a move for rivers

Buddwalk said:

Dude Vince Young and Omar Jacobs coming out are both surefire first round draft picks. Vince Young so far has answered all the questions people were asking this year and Jacobs is a solid qb. Clemens is a pretty good qb as well, but people arent really paying attention to him. 18 tds and 3 ints this year so far...I'd say he finishes with like 33 tds and 5 ints when the years done. Im not a Marcus Vick fan at all but if he comes out and Detroit desperately needs a qb, where they would pick in the draft he'd be the best choice, unless they move up or make a move for rivers
none of them are worthy of it

I would love to see Derek Hagan the WR out of ASU with the Phins...the guy is money and has better hands than Chambers. I am an ASU grad so I am kind of a homer for them, but I watch this guy play every week and he is clutch.

We'll forget about that interception he caught & tossed to the USC defender :lol:

Dude Vince Young and Omar Jacobs coming out are both surefire first round draft picks.

I have little doubt that someone will take Young in the first round but I would hardly call Jacobs a surefire 1st rounder. His stock has dropped this year.

Even if no juniors come out early, & I don't think any of them of ready (that includes Quinn, Keller, Young, Stanton, Vick, Jacobs), I think another senior QB, I'm guessing Cutler, would go at the end of the first round.

The top 4 QBs according to Scouts Inc's top 32 list are: Leinart-Young-Quinn-Stanton. I said in the above post that none of the junior QBs are ready to make the jump but the two that are the closest to being ready are Quinn & Stanton. Both are smart, have strong arms, know how to throw, have significant playing experience, & have experience in big games.

Vince Young, Omar Jacobs, & Marcus Vick all need to work on their passing. Sam Keller needs to gain more experience & Palko needs a year to rebound.

Pink_Dove said:
Good job Budd. Thought I'd give you my POV:

If Mario Williams were to come out he'd easily be the number 2 DE behind Kiwanuka. I've even see some mocks rating him number 1. As of today, he's probably a top 15 prospect. I really can't see him passing that up to stay an extra year in school where he could get injured.
Same goes for Lendale White. He's the type of back that could shoot up the charts with a strong combine. He's got ideal size, speed, and can break loose.
He might be in Bush's shadow but come draft day that won't matter because they'll be judged as football players, with little regards to the team they played on (see Ronnie Brown and Cadillac for example).
I could see him going in the 20's a la Kevin Jones or Stephen Jackson in recent years.

The real deal man is that Lendale White right now is gonna be known as the rb behind reggie bush. Even with how good of a seasons he having even with a strong combine he'll only be a late first early 2nd round pick. I think he really needs to stay a year away from Leinart and Bush and silence the critics if he can do that and have a solid outing then its with out a doubt he could be the best rb coming out 2007 draft. Also from what white has done dont compare him to ronnie or caddy for hes not the same back as either one.

kastofsna120 said:
leinart is the only one there worthy of a first round pick. the others are completely miserable, although i'd take a glance at clemens in the 2nd round

Vince Young and Omar Jacobs?

Buddwalk said:
The real deal man is that Lendale White right now is gonna be known as the rb behind reggie bush. Even with how good of a seasons he having even with a strong combine he'll only be a late first early 2nd round pick. I think he really needs to stay a year away from Leinart and Bush and silence the critics if he can do that and have a solid outing then its with out a doubt he could be the best rb coming out 2007 draft. Also from what white has done dont compare him to ronnie or caddy for hes not the same back as either one.

Obviously, in terms of football those are 4 very different players but I'm comparing Bush and White's situation to Ronnie and Caddie's situation.
Although Ronnie and Caddie were seniors, I think it's fair to assume, Lendale would be ready to go straight to the NFL, especially if USC wins another title.
Ronnie and Caddie showed that you can play on the same team, play the same position and still be recognized for your talent.
In Lendale's case, come draft day, the scouts will look at the kind of player he can be for them in the NFL not the backup he was at USC.
I just think the money grab and the chance to be a low to mid first rounder (depending on combine) will be too much to pass up. RB's are exposed to injury a lot more than other positions.
Unless Pete Carrol is very convincing and he thinks he's a legit Heisman candidate next year, I doubt he stays.

Vince Young has far too many flaws in his QB game right now to be a top 10 pick. I have no doubt that someone will take a chance on him in the 1st and try to make something out of his athletic ability though. My Aggie homer-ism aside, I still think Young will never play a live down in the NFL as a QB.

Heh, I'd love to see him handle the ball so carelessly when he runs like he does in college and see what pro defenses do to him. 2-3 fumbles a game, easy.....

AggieFin21 said:
Vince Young has far too many flaws in his QB game right now to be a top 10 pick. I have no doubt that someone will take a chance on him in the 1st and try to make something out of his athletic ability though. My Aggie homer-ism aside, I still think Young will never play a live down in the NFL as a QB.

Heh, I'd love to see him handle the ball so carelessly when he runs like he does in college and see what pro defenses do to him. 2-3 fumbles a game, easy.....
probably more than that, considering he can't read defenses and will resort to scrambling on every play

We arent talking about top 10 picks. I think they both still might be first rounders but we all know how much fluctuation can happen over the complete course of the season in college.

Kyle Orton went from 5-0 and heisman frontrunner to nothing in a few games.

Nice mock. I've only seen Jacobs once and it happened to be a poor game against Boise State. He didn't look too good in that one, but I would like to see him again.

Roman529 said:
I would love to see Derek Hagan the WR out of ASU with the Phins...the guy is money and has better hands than Chambers. I am an ASU grad so I am kind of a homer for them, but I watch this guy play every week and he is clutch. :)

69244-1.jpeg

I like him too, but for some reason it seems like he is underrated and considered more of a late 1st early 2nd rounder.

Back
Top Bottom