Building a team goes beyond drafting | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Building a team goes beyond drafting

How would you fill WR spot for 2013 Dolphins?

• Extend Hartline & draft top WR

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Hiring Wallace & extending Hartline

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Hiring Wallace & drafting second day WR

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Hiring some other FA & drafting top WR

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Drafting a pair of WR

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
I hope we have nothing to do with Keller. Living on Long Island and having a Jet fan family, I've seen more than enough Jets games. Keller can make circus catches, but that's about all he is good for. If you see him enough, it will astonish you how many times he drops a pass thrown right into his numbers, or takes a pass off the helmet because he isn't paying attention. Trust me, you want nothing to do with Dustin Keller.
What do you think about Jared Cook?

What do you think about Jared Cook?

I think he's a better option. If you look at his stats, while he hasn't been targeted as much, he doesn't drop as many passes which is a big issue with Keller. Cook made 61% of his passes throughout his career. Keller has only made 58%. Cook is also a little speedier than Keller is. I haven't seen as much of Cook as I have as Keller, but what I have seen has been better. Plus, Keller will cost you more money, and he is older and battled injuries last season.

Forgot to mention, Keller is also Sanchez's favorite target. He does have some chemistry with him. The Jets have made it pretty clear they are sticking with Sanchez, since he's had a hand in picking the new offensive coordinator, so I doubt they would let Keller go unless they really needed to shed contracts.

Forgot to mention, Keller is also Sanchez's favorite target. He does have some chemistry with him. The Jets have made it pretty clear they are sticking with Sanchez, since he's had a hand in picking the new offensive coordinator, so I doubt they would let Keller go unless they really needed to shed contracts.

NY Jets' cap situation is among worst of the league. They have a big issue to solve on finding cap space.
Full info here

Also as they need to acquire key players to start a new offense it's unlikely they could offer TE Dustin Keller a decent proposal.

I think he's a better option. If you look at his stats, while he hasn't been targeted as much, he doesn't drop as many passes which is a big issue with Keller. Cook made 61% of his passes throughout his career. Keller has only made 58%. Cook is also a little speedier than Keller is. I haven't seen as much of Cook as I have as Keller, but what I have seen has been better. Plus, Keller will cost you more money, and he is older and battled injuries last season.
Ok, so the Jared Cook/Todd Heap tandem sounds fine?

NY Jets' cap situation is among worst of the league. They have a big issue to solve on finding cap space.
Full info here

Also as they need to acquire key players to start a new offense it's unlikely they could offer TE Dustin Keller a decent proposal.

Yeah like I said unless they really needed to shed contracts, which by the looks of it they do, but they are doing everything they can to keep Sanchez happy. It wouldn't surprise me if they find the money elsewhere. I know they are cutting Pace and Scott, so that will free up some money. If they trade Revis, which I think they are, that frees up some more. Point is, they are disgustingly obsessed with keeping Sanchez happy. Thats why they brought Braylon Edwards back last year. He is the only receiver aside from Keller who has chemistry with Sanchez, and he had a hamstring issue, and they still brought him back! Rex wanted to draft Colin Kaepernick, but they Jets wouldn't do it because they were afraid Sanchez would lose his mind...so instead they brought in Tebow...what a circus.

I'm just not sure that we can assume him gone yet. The Jets will try to keep him. As long as he isn't here next season, I'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom