Bush most likely gone

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by matt11390, Jan 28, 2013.

1. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

They're checking heavily into some high profile tailbacks...so this is not that surprising, though a shame, in a way.

3. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

Sucks if true, our offense is pathetic when he's not involved.

4. tcdrover

tcdrover Pro Bowler

That's a shame, he was under-utilized if anything this year. I would have found a way to sign him.

Maybe he should have just stayed out of it when Ocho was busy ruining his career. :d-day:

5. WestSideFin

WestSideFin A True Fan

I want bush back hard to let him go. But i can not argue with the brass not breaking the bank for him. I feel like if reggie wants to be here he will stay and take a good fare deal. I fear he may want a pay day so it is very much 50/50 on weather reggie will be in a fin jersey ever again. Stay tuned!

6. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

He has been very productive for us the past few seasons, however he is a RB, and he will be 28 this year. RBs have a tendency to drastically drop off once they reach 30. So this is where it becomes dangerous, he might only have 1 good year left. Do we gamble on a 3 yr deal with him, or do we cut ties and go with a youth movement at the position. Honestly, I think Lamar Miller is going to be ready to be a starter next year, so I say let Bush go and start Miller.

7. LouPhinFan

LouPhinFan It's ok to say "I don't know". Finheaven VIP Donator

I bet one of our second round picks gets used on a RB now. All we have now is Miller and an approximation of a RB in Thomas. Thomas is the Spam of running backs. He kind looks like a running back and tastes like a running back, but in the end he's not really a running back.

8. Perfect72

Perfect72 It's Only Happened ONCE!

Reggie Bush was not utilized to the full extent with the Dolphins (e.g. Jet Sweeps, Read Options, Slot Receiver vs LB, etc.) I believe he could have been MUCH more productive than trying to prove he can "Run between the tackles".

9. silverfin

silverfin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I'm down with this. Roll with Miller and get a guy like Mike Gillislee in the mid rounds.

10. Vertical Limit

Another draft pick on a runningback after giving up picks for Bush, drafting Miller, and trading up for Thomas. SIGH. I really don't want to use a draft pick on a runningback. I hope Jonas shows something in the offseason.

11. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

Would sure be a shame.. but he shouldn't signed to anyone but a team friendly deal.

12. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

Sucks if they let him go. I would like to keep our running back trio the same and focus on other team needs.

13. SunsPhinsfan03

SunsPhinsfan03 A True Fan

Its for the best of our team. Bush was a leader here and a professional, but He is on the decline and will want more money then the Dolphins should offer. He wasn't in Our plans
    and quite frankly is the easiest call of the off-season to let him walk. Would LOVE to nab Ray Graham in the 4th. Pair him with Lamar and you got yourself an explosive multi dimensional backfield.

14. SunsPhinsfan03

also don't be suprised if the Phins bring in a vet to pair with Lamar and DT. a guy who can get 3 or 4 yrds every play. Mille rhas homerun type of ability, but think thing that drove me crazy about reggie is his inability to put us in 2nd and 6 or 7 and instead set us up for 2nd 12's and 13'2 by trying for the home run every play.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

also don't be suprised if the Phins bring in a vet to pair with Lamar and DT. A guy who gets us 3 yards every play, but may not break a big one (Shonne Greene?). Miller has homerun type of ability, but think thing that drove me crazy about reggie is his inability to put us in 2nd and 6 or 7 and instead set us up for 2nd 12's and 13'2 by trying for the home run every play.

15. PALMA

PALMA A very famous spit

Unbelievable. Does anybody on this board really think Jeff Ireland will put together a roster capable of a winning record?

Bush is our ONLY playmaker. You keep him over any of the other scrubs that want above market value, Long, Smith, and Hartline.

This wouldn't be an issue of Thomas was worth anything.

16. steveo style

steveo style Scout Team Donator

Hope we let him walk and use the $5 million per year on something else. Bush is great but Miller has proven himself. We can pick up a vet to back up Miller and in case Thomas goes down again. All of that we could get for $2-3 million total.

17. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

how many times did tv guys point out how he missed the hole? he keeps sidesteppin. miller hits the hole. be on the lookout for a bigger back. eddy lacy might get some looksie. gillisee looks good too. the miami kid wasnt bad either.

also think FB. not sure they are sold on the A & M kid.

18. KingNick88

KingNick88 Ray Finkle

Great... So, now he can go to New England and **** on us twice every year... Why would we let him go? Silly...

19. josekareh

josekareh Finfansince75

We have Jonas Gray let's see what he brings, I recall CK was very high on him

20. KingNick88

KingNick88 Ray Finkle

I'm just not seeing how Miller proved himself... He has had limited opportunities, but he proved himself??

21. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i'm good with it...need more north and south and run where the play is designed...more consistency b/t the tackles imo...although he is looking like a fall guy for a lack of win options on the outside to help open some things up and some poor move play on the interior oline

22. Birdmond

Birdmond FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Names?

23. blitzhappy

blitzhappy Well-Known Member

Shame the guy finds a way to get into the endzone, that's what this team needs more of not less. I would have liked to have seen him lined up more at receiver with Miller in the backfield this season.

24. Dolphins91

Dolphins91 Well-Known Member

As much as I like Bush, I'm really excited to see Lamar Miller get 15+ touches a game. Bush was very inconsistant and though it can be argued that he wasn't used correctly, he's still going to demand a decent amount of money. I'd rather use that money somewhere else and give Lamar Miller a shake at it.

25. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

I think Miller will be more effective as a runner but even though we didn't use Bush as a receiver as often as we should have just having him as a threat made things a little easier for Hartline and Bess. Without Bush attracting attention from slot CB, safeties and linebackers defenses will be able to make things more difficult on our offense. If we don't get more weapons, namely a seam threat TE and an outside WR to upgrade from Hartline, things will be more difficult for Tannehill next year.

We're getting rid of our most dynamic offensive player.

26. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

Damn, that article lists the Lions and Bengals as contenders, but not the Dolphins, lol

27. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

I guess we will have to hold out hope that thomas can finally play a full season.

28. phinfan2003

phinfan2003 Perennial All-Pro

I am ok with the team letting Bush walk if his demands are outrageous but if Bush leaves, I don't feel comfortable with DT and Miller at RB. Neither guy has proven he can be the man for 20+ touches/game. I'm going to see more than 51 rushing attempts to make me feel he's proven himself.

29. wonderl33t

wonderl33t FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I think he's worth $5mil per year. The offense is so much better when he's out there. I just don't want us to be like the Jets where we jettison our playmakers hoping that someone else will fill the void. It rarely works. It's not like Reggie is a $10+ million per year guy. We have $46M free. I think we can afford to offer our best playmaker something like 3 years $15M. Even if he misses a couple of games per year and takes some tackles for loss... He's our most explosive offensive guy.... Gotta keep him if the price is semi reasonable. Unless you are good with our Bushless 11 points per game offense.

30. Dolphins91

Dolphins91 Well-Known Member

i agree. Miller hasn't proven that he can be the main guy that can carry the load but neither had Reggie until he came to Miami. Opportunity is the only thing that'll determine Millers worth.

31. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

I like Bush, but RB's are interchangeable.

I wondering if any of these FA's are coming back. lol.

32. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Reports say Bush, Long and Smith will hit the market, sorry but I don't buy that. I understand not wanting to overpay to bring some of our free agents back, but they are not going to let everyone walk. In my opinion, at least one of the big three will be back and maybe even two of them. I also don't see them letting Hartline walk. They may let Starks walk.

33. hoops

hoops exited stage left

not sure i buy it either but i also got a feeling all three of those players feel like they can make more money on the open market...so why settle with us

34. dolphinbryan

dolphinbryan Well-Known Member

no bush must be back...

35. Phins28

Phins28 A True Fan

I think the only free agent coming back is Starks, everyone else is gone.

36. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

I think so too. Most of those guys are JAGS anyways.

37. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 A True Fan

People gamble with unproven running backs all the time, look at Washington and New England. Let miller take the lead.

bring back Starks and Smith, let Long Hartline and Bush walk.

38. SunsPhinsfan03

is good news. It means they like what they've seen from Lamar, and for once Ireland isn't going to shoot himself in the foot by overspending before the player gauges his value.

He can d the same with Long and Smith for all I care. I want Straks and Hartline back though.

39. finsfanjay13

finsfanjay13 Rookie Donator

When Slimm played the semantics game when I said that Miller was a "for the future" pick last year: this is what I meant. He wasn't drafted to make an impact *right away*. He was drafted to potentially replace Reggie Bush for much cheaper. I'm not claiming it will be successful, of course.

40. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

There are lots of really good RB's in the draft. One can be found in round 4 or later if the staff decides not to pick one sooner.

41. BSQ

BSQ Scout Team

Miller hasn't proven that he can do all the things Bush does. Forget Thomas, he can't stay healthy and when he can he's a fumbler and no better than average. With all our picks if a guy like Lacey falls our way we have to be smart and grab him.

42. DeathStar

DeathStar Hall Of Famer

He dances way too much to pay that much money for a great run...

Miller's fine.

43. DphinBillkiller

DphinBillkiller Touchdown

I like Bush and hate to see him go. But it's a business and a good opportunity for Miller to step up.

44. shula_guy

shula_guy FinHeaven VIP

I like Bush and would like to see him resigned but not for more the 3 million a year. I dont know if he would sign for that. I think he good be a good weapon in a Philbin offense.

45. phinschamp45

phinschamp45 Well-Known Member

who cares if reggie bush is gone. He was a burden on the phins anyways with all those fumbles. Get him out of here. and get carpenter out of here too. He cost us the playoffs with those misses on overtime.

46. luduporcu

luduporcu A True Fan

MILLER was mediocre at best last season. Deal w/it! He's no R BUSH.

47. luduporcu

luduporcu A True Fan

$3 Million???? Why not make it $0.39?

Some posters on this site are really as likey as not in Lalaland.

48. Twitches Brew

Twitches Brew A True Fan

In the the new CBA there's little reason to pay an 'above-average' FA RB. A drafted rookie comes much cheaper for (probably) similar production because the rookie contracts are smaller with less guaranteed $. And should the rookie really light it up, he can't negotiate a new deal until his rookie contract expires. The labor is just so cheap and the rookies can't do anything about it (see: Russell Wilson. Seattle is getting their franchise QB for $600,000 a year for 4 years...that's madness)

49. beast_mode

beast_mode Well-Known Member

Bottom Line: The Dolphins want Reggie back but only at the right price considering they have options there if he leaves so production-wise they may not have much of a drop-off. It will come down to what he is offered from other teams in Free Agency versus how much if any hometown discount Reggie is willing to take. Unfortunately I think he will get some decent offers from other teams. What would mostly be missed with Reggie is the leadership he brings to the table. He is unquestionably one of the hardest working players on this team. Not to mention as a fan I would miss the video-game runs he makes, like the TD in the Colts game.

50. Vertical Limit

I think he will get 8-9 million a year by some team that is ready to contend and wants to add a luxury piece.