Bush unlikely to re-sign

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SCLSU Mud Dogs, Feb 23, 2013.

1. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

From Roto

2. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

I expect that this will be the outcome also. It appears it is now Miller time.

3. EvilDylan

EvilDylan A True Fan Donator

Chargers taking our sloppy seconds again.

They are on the decline. Do we play them next year? I hope so.

On a side note, I hope Bush stays. If he truly likes it in Miami and isn't only in it for the money he would stay for a team friendly price. I hope he sees the potential this team has going forward.

4. Ikema

Ikema FinHeaven VIP

I trust in Joe Philbin and what he's looking for. Personally I think Reggie is his own worst enemy, not hitting the whole consistently as hard as he should. Be that as it may I wish him luck, and I hope he lands us a decent comp pick next year

5. CRIOS

CRIOS PERFECT PHINS '72 Finheaven VIP Donator

That is precisely what I was going to post. It's Miller time.

6. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

He is from San Diego and likes it on the West Coast. If they are interested in him, he is gone.

7. KTOWNFINFAN

KTOWNFINFAN Seasoned Veteran

Well I have to admit that is the best news of the off season so far. Getting rid of Bush instantly makes this a much better team.

8. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Dissapointing I personally dont think Miller is ready to be a starting nfl back and Thomas just isnt good. Bush has played well overall for us, not worth top back money but is worth bringing back. Itsl like Bozzaro world scrub DB Richard Marshall is worth 5 million but Reggie Bush isnt.

9. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

Please tell me how getting rid of the most explosive playmaker we have is such a good thing? We misused this guy for 2 freaking years.

10. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Im not all for overpaying but he has been our best offensive player

11. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

I bet you love some Fasano huh. :lol:

Our only playmaker and the only guy on our offense that can score touchdowns leaving is a good thing. Right.

12. Miamifinz

Miamifinz Philbin is an idiot Donator

Would still like to have him back, but if we can't I'm confident Miller can match or exceed his production. He runs with a purpose.

13. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

way too little evidence in to say that. He had his share of poor games

14. PSU Cane

PSU Cane Starter

I think it's a mistake to not re-sign Bush for several reasons:
    1 - Miller is not ready. He's a really nice talent, but lacks in pass protection and was always nursing injuries at Miami....he needs to split carries.
    2 - Thomas has not shown the ability to carry this team yet, between the injuries, fumbles and lack of game changing ability.
    3 - Bush is the HARDEST worker on this team by far, and a leader. It's good to have guys like him on roster with a lot of young guys.
    4 - Bush was the only real playmaker for us last year.
    5 - Bush could do so much more than he did last year. Sherman just did not utilize him enough to his strengths, like receiving.

15. dolfin530

dolfin530 Student of the Game

HB has been devalued with it now a passing league and many teams have a 2 back system. It's nothing against Bush, the team just would rather spend the money elsewhere. Also Bush probably would like to get paid a little bit more after rushing for 2,072 yards in 2 seasons.

16. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

Many teams have a 2 backs system, but both teams that made the Super Bowl had stud #1 RB's.

17. TruePoizon

TruePoizon Well-Known Member

Reggie Bush is a receiving threat. Imagine if we got Wallace, then drafted the TE from Notre Dame....plus Bush. Our passing offense would be brutal. But sadly its a business, and these guys are greedy and want more and more money. Because millions arent enough, even though the average hard working American makes 35K a year.

18. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

How would you guys feel about maybe drafting Joseph Randle, RB Oklahoma State, if he drops to the 3rd round? He would be a nice addition to go with Miller and Thomas.

19. DeathStar

DeathStar Hall Of Famer

Too much dancing/poor play vs his home run potential...The $$$ doesn't make sense...

This is likely his final big deal so he wants lots of money/years...

Our money is better used on WR's/TE's for Tannehill than wasting it on a RB...Miller is a fine substitute.

20. TheBow305

TheBow305 Starter

I'm ok with it, now let's cut that bum Daniel Thomas. Then we can sign Michael Turner and draft Marcus Lattimore!!

21. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Not sure why at 5 million a year he doesnt make sense esp when Marshall costs 6 million. We have cap room and he can help passing game and qb and noone on roster can help the passing game as much if used properly

22. PSU Cane

PSU Cane Starter

I'm not enamored with Randle like others. I'd definitely take Lacy in the 2nd if he lasted that long, but i don't see it happening. After that, i'd probably wait for someone like Jonathan Franklin.

23. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

So Miami would then have Daniel Thomas (Miami is not cutting him as much as I wish they could find someone to trade him for), Lamar Miller, Marcus Thigpen, Marcus Lattimore and Michael Turner on the roster? Are you thinking right?

Before Titus Young got cut I was hoping Miami would trade Daniel Thomas to Detroit for Ryan Broyles.

24. luduporcu

luduporcu Banned Hammered

What DRIVEL. MILLER has shown too little as yet to be taken seriously. The one thing that he HAS shown is that he's likely to get TANNEHILL killed! And as to your money argument, that's a crock too. MIAMI has enough money to do A LOT w/o losing its own key F/As...including BUSH. The only issues are does MIAMI's organization have both the brains and the balls for the job?

25. dolphinbryan

dolphinbryan Well-Known Member

don't buy it reggie will sign with miami

26. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

Doesn't really matter who we have running the ball with this OL. The same folks bitchin about Bush dancing around will be saying thing about Miller next year...because this OL doesn't open any holes.

27. TarHeelFinFan

TarHeelFinFan Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire

Really? No it doesn't. Not even close. Overpaying for him would be bad, but Reggie makes us a better team with him.

28. KTOWNFINFAN

That is a flat out joke. This would have been a playoff team if Reggie had not been on the team. Reggie "the drive killer" Bush did more to stop our offense then any defense we played all year. I got so tired of seeing 2nd and 3, turn into 3rd and 9 because Reggie thought he was still in college and every carry had to be a TD, that it got to where I couldn't watch the screen when he was in the game. He would avoid the hole he was supposed to run through like it was the Plague. Bush has the worst vision for a RB in the history of football, or he had money on our opponents in some games. NOBODY can be as blind as that moron. If I would have been an OLman I would have just quit. They would open hole after hole and that idiot would do his Michael Jackson dance, then run for one of the sidelines.

This can be the greatest offseason ever if we can get rid of Bush and he goes to the jets and they keep Sanchez. With those two on the same team they will go 0-16 unless one of them gets hurt.

29. KTOWNFINFAN

Right, and the saints had a terrible run blocking OL too I guess.

30. CRIOS

CRIOS PERFECT PHINS '72 Finheaven VIP Donator

Not to mention protecting Ryan. I hope the read-option scheme works well when it comes to the OL - if Ryan can used his legs well enough to cross the first yard marker, or get close to it, then the OL doesn't not have such big burden on their shoulders. Yet an OL upgrade is a must, no question. We need some big bodies up front and ready to play, hopefully, by week one.

How many worthy OL players are available in FA?

If we do not sign one (or two) during FA, then we better address this problem come draft day.

Also having some fast feet, Wallace and/or Jenkins, will help the cause as well. Signing Hartline is key too. Such WR will aid the OL by keeping the defenses honest...at least most of the time I mean. Ryan has a quick release also: let's not forget that.

That's how see it...for what it's worth. :err:

31. Chuck-182

Chuck-182 Well-Known Member

Probably the most head scratching post I've seen here

32. Krush

Krush Finaholic Donator

they want to re-sign bush but he wants superstar money, when he isn't a super star.
    Miller is just as ready as trent richardson was for the browns.
    get payton hillis, is thomas is not the answer
    see first statement
    see first statement again
    bush won't be the number one option on this team, sherman needs to to a better job of using his personnel strenghts.
    I want bush back also but not because miller isn't ready for full duty, these are full grown men in this league including miller, so it's miller's time in south beach.

33. Krush

Krush Finaholic Donator

now that's a good draft

34. dolfan91

dolfan91 Starter Donator

As big a fan as I am of Reggie Bush, You got the feeling Lamar Miller was drafted with an eye towards the future. I guess it's called cap management. I'd love to see Reggie finish his career in Miami, but understand it's a business. Reggie always worked extremely hard to set an example to the other players on the team. He's a leader on and off the field and understood how to conduct himself. He's a fan friendly player, who always was professional. I'll miss him IF he leaves. I didn't like his dancing feet behind the line of scrimmage at times, but when he played tough and decisive he was as good as anyone in the league. I wish him well, wherever he ends up. Hopefully this all posturing and Reggie eventually re-signs with Miami. Right now I think it's all about managing the cap and Reggie doesn't look to fit in those plans.

35. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

like most of our FA i dont want the same players back with a heafty raise.
    we need fresh blood players that fit Phiblins system if that happens to be our own fa then bring them back

36. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 The D will RushYa, Like Moscow Donator

Glad to know playmakers are luxuries on this team. Then again looking at the WR group we put on the field last season it doesn't surprise me.

37. royalshank

royalshank Scout Team Finheaven VIP Donator

The "luxury" comment makes no sense to me. Do we have a plethora of playmakers out there that we just don't know about yet?

38. hoops

hoops exited stage left

sounds like we are far apart...not surprising in the least...bush is gone barring a very team friendly deal...