Bush unlikely to re-sign | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush unlikely to re-sign

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Reggie Bush - RB - DolphinsNFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports that Reggie Bush is "unlikely" to re-sign with the Dolphins.

The Dolphins met with Bush's agent at the Combine and made it clear that they view him as a "luxury" and are only interested in having him back at a team-friendly price. If Bush is allowed to hit the open market, the Palm Beach Post considers the Chargers as a possible landing spot. Bush is expected to be seeking a muti-year deal in free agency and is Rotoworld's No. 2 rated running back available this offseason.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

From Roto

Chargers taking our sloppy seconds again.

They are on the decline. Do we play them next year? I hope so.

On a side note, I hope Bush stays. If he truly likes it in Miami and isn't only in it for the money he would stay for a team friendly price. I hope he sees the potential this team has going forward.

I trust in Joe Philbin and what he's looking for. Personally I think Reggie is his own worst enemy, not hitting the whole consistently as hard as he should. Be that as it may I wish him luck, and I hope he lands us a decent comp pick next year

He is from San Diego and likes it on the West Coast. If they are interested in him, he is gone.

Well I have to admit that is the best news of the off season so far. Getting rid of Bush instantly makes this a much better team.

Dissapointing I personally dont think Miller is ready to be a starting nfl back and Thomas just isnt good. Bush has played well overall for us, not worth top back money but is worth bringing back. Itsl like Bozzaro world scrub DB Richard Marshall is worth 5 million but Reggie Bush isnt.

Well I have to admit that is the best news of the off season so far. Getting rid of Bush instantly makes this a much better team.
Please tell me how getting rid of the most explosive playmaker we have is such a good thing? We misused this guy for 2 freaking years.

Please tell me how getting rid of the most explosive playmaker we have is such a good thing? We misused this guy for 2 freaking years.

Im not all for overpaying but he has been our best offensive player

I bet you love some Fasano huh. :lol:

Our only playmaker and the only guy on our offense that can score touchdowns leaving is a good thing. Right.

Would still like to have him back, but if we can't I'm confident Miller can match or exceed his production. He runs with a purpose.

Would still like to have him back, but if we can't I'm confident Miller can match or exceed his production. He runs with a purpose.

way too little evidence in to say that. He had his share of poor games

I think it's a mistake to not re-sign Bush for several reasons:
1 - Miller is not ready. He's a really nice talent, but lacks in pass protection and was always nursing injuries at Miami....he needs to split carries.
2 - Thomas has not shown the ability to carry this team yet, between the injuries, fumbles and lack of game changing ability.
3 - Bush is the HARDEST worker on this team by far, and a leader. It's good to have guys like him on roster with a lot of young guys.
4 - Bush was the only real playmaker for us last year.
5 - Bush could do so much more than he did last year. Sherman just did not utilize him enough to his strengths, like receiving.

HB has been devalued with it now a passing league and many teams have a 2 back system. It's nothing against Bush, the team just would rather spend the money elsewhere. Also Bush probably would like to get paid a little bit more after rushing for 2,072 yards in 2 seasons.

Back
Top Bottom