Buzz: Comments from Ireland, Crowder | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buzz: Comments from Ireland, Crowder

oasis

Lost in the fog
Reaction score
Some good stuff here from Jeff Ireland. I think he basically says that we didn't want to trade picks for Boldin, but not necessarily that we didn't want that #1 receiver.

Also, the Crowder-Parcells exchange is funny...though I hope Channing doesn't think he's an outside linebacker. Maybe that would explain a few things...

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/story/1089833.html

How about a game changing play from Crowder sometime? An interception or even a sack would be nice once in a while from this guy.

I have been quiet about his comments but I'm sick of the wisecracks. He talks just way too damn much.

Parcells gets in his ear and asks "Are you the GM?" Funny stuff.

Step up and shut up Channing! :crazy:

• Asked if potential 2010 free agents Matt Roth, whom Ireland has called ''an exceptional player,'' Ronnie Brown and Anthony Fasano are in line for contract extensions, Ireland said, ``We're looking at all of them.''

Very intresting quote by Ireland.It looks Ronnie and Fasano will be getting a contract extension in the near future.:up:

Very intresting quote by Ireland.It looks Ronnie and Fasano will be getting a contract extension in the near future.:up:

Gotta agree with you on Ronnie and Fasano. Roth I'm not buying they're as sold on just yet. It feels like they're upping his trade value with all that talk...or they're going to wait to see how year 2 of the Roth experiment goes before offering up an extension. I'll admit he did a good job at setting the edge in his first year as OLB, but it's just hard to believe they are THAT high on him. Lots of potential for sure, but not extension-worthy just yet.

Hahaha I actually like having a guy like channing on the team he is always good for a laugh

If this past year is any indication, they'll wait and see what they do this year before giving out new contracts after the season and hopefully before free agency starts. Personally, I'd like to see Brown and Fasano back, and if Roth can get some pressure on the QB then I'd like him back as well.

Hahaha I actually like having a guy like channing on the team he is always good for a laugh

I wasn't laughing when Crowder slid out of the middle instead of calling timeout against the Texans last year.

I never laugh at his ridiculous banter. Reason: Not funny.

Gotta agree with you on Ronnie and Fasano. Roth I'm not buying they're as sold on just yet. It feels like they're upping his trade value with all that talk...or they're going to wait to see how year 2 of the Roth experiment goes before offering up an extension. I'll admit he did a good job at setting the edge in his first year as OLB, but it's just hard to believe they are THAT high on him. Lots of potential for sure, but not extension-worthy just yet.

I just do not see that much if any trade value in Matt Roth at this point. Ireland prabably means what he says about Roth getting better this year and the phins counting on him. Everyone sings Porter praises and much of that is deserved as Porter did very well in the sack department last year but his run support certainly was not up to par with his sacks. Roth on the other hand was great in run support last year but between his lack of experience of rushing the passer as a OLB, extra weight and short arms came up a bit short on the pressure side. So you could easily state that Roth has some upside on the learning curve as a OLB while Porter at this stage of his career does not have as much to offer. Porter is good but just does not offer as much upside. Gott stop that run first on defence first before you really can worry about rushing the passer so Roth really offers more from that perspective.

Back
Top Bottom