Bye bye Perry | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye bye Perry

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Yup but I would rather try my luck with the WR FA's out there.

I hope and think that's their plan. I think Gadsden's lil power move last year is going to cost him some $. I don't think he will get any serious interest from other teams. He has too many health question marks, especially his 90 year old toes.

I think Gadsden is the Dolphins last choice at the WR position, as far as a FA WR.

Oliver...

<<Somebody said cutting Perry will only save $350,000, so IMO it's not worth it to cut him. I'm hoping he stays, I really like Perry. Having 3 proven guards would be nice, especially considering health issues. I expect McKnight and Ruddy to be cut.>>

I think Perry is most definitely gone now that Ruddy has restructured. If Dixon or Nails get hurt we can just plug in McKinney & put Ruddy at center.

For those of you saying that saving $350,000 isn't enough to cut the guy, well you're not looking at the big picture. Cutting him this year will save us his base salary of $1.2 million next year & $1.35 in 2005. You guys know we're gonna be strapped for cash here soon & what better way to do than to get rid of dead weight now.

That's very true SM29. Besides he is taking up a roster spot. We need to open up some room now for the future years. Gardener's cap hit being gone and a few other things such as this should allow us to take Fiedler's cap hit and re-sign Wade after 2003. Although this depends on if Fiedler is still with the team after 2003.

<<Although this depends on if Fiedler is still with the team after 2003.>>

I hope not, he's not worth the $4.7 mill cap number next year.

Back
Top Bottom