Bye Week Good For Henne and Team? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bye Week Good For Henne and Team?

reddbaron

Supa Dupa.
Reaction score
I'm curious to hear what you all think. Henne is coming off a two game win streak in his first two games starting. Pretty impressive. He goes into week 7, though, facing a difficult Saints team. Would the momentum help Henne to a win if the game was this Sunday? Or does it do him and the team well to have a solid two weeks to prepare for the Saints while they worry about the this week?

IMHO the 2 weeks to prepare is probably less important for Henne and the offense, but it is way more important for the Defense. The D has 2 weeks to figure out how to stop Brees and company.

Prepare for the opponent. Film study and good practices to be prepared. Momentum is important. But constant toning and training for a young qb is crucial. I am optimistic after MNF. There will be a wall he will hit. Its all about how an inexperienced starterd deals with it. I will be interested in seeing how he responds if he throws a pick in a crucial situation after the bye week.

I think this is the perfect spot for a bye week coming off the Jets game. A lot of times, games like those take everything the players have, which really wears them down and usually leads to a let down game the next week. This way, we get to rest our legs, and come out fresh against the Saints. On the flip side, the Saints have to play the Giants which will be a slugfest and then have to play us coming off a bye. It could easily be a letdown game for the Saints if they beat the Giants.

IMHO the 2 weeks to prepare is probably less important for Henne and the offense, but it is way more important for the Defense. The D has 2 weeks to figure out how to stop Brees and company.

Both need a break. Even after his success this past monday it does not hurt the young qb to slow things down and go over game video on what he could do better. The season is young. There will be new wrinkles opposing D's will throw at him. He needs time off to prepare for the onslaught he and all qbs face.

Can't agree more with preparing for that passing attack. My concern Monday night is that Sanchez and the Jets answered us again and again and through the air. It came down to had the ball last. That is NOT how you want to play vs the Saints. Our DBs need to step up. Sean Smith should be matched up on Colston; height on height. Talk about some battles there!

Ricky twisted his ankle, Joey Porter's sore hamstring, and Philip Merling's knee will all have a chance to heal an extra week. Lex Hillard and Kory Sheets will have more practice time to step in to Patrick Cobbs roll so our offense won't miss a beat. Plus our defense will have an extra week to prepare for the best offense in football. The bye week could not come at a better time for us.

I think it helps R&R the most to recover from the pounding their doing and will need to do to keep Brees off the field.

It helps Henne look at his play and continue to improve on it, N.O. has a decent defense but most important for Henne is they have been picking QB's off alot and maybe he can limit this to help us win.

I hope New Orleans beat the giants so they don't take the frustration out/get back on track against Miami if they were to lose to the Giants

Ricky twisted his ankle, Joey Porter's sore hamstring, and Philip Merling's knee will all have a chance to heal an extra week. Lex Hillard and Kory Sheets will have more practice time to step in to Patrick Cobbs roll so our offense won't miss a beat. Plus our defense will have an extra week to prepare for the best offense in football. The bye week could not come at a better time for us.
not to mention it is the perfect time to make a trade for a position of need...provided we don't have to give up too much

I HATE having a bye week right now. we're on a bit of a roll right now with 2 consecutive division wins.

Back
Top Bottom