C.pep.....be honest

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Delfin 22, May 5, 2007.

?

Start in week one

Poll closed Jun 4, 2007.
  1. Yes

85 vote(s)
    59.4%
  2. No

58 vote(s)
    40.6%
  1. Delfin 22

Delfin 22 Master of the Force

will YOU give him another chance to be in week 1 starting??

2. Delfin 22

Delfin 22 Master of the Force

3. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Yep . . . Trent Green isn't on this team, which leaves Cleo or Beck . . . I don't see either starting day 1 . . . Pep, as of right now, has got to be the favorite . . . now this is good news or bad news depending on his health . . . if he is out their limping bad like he was in last years preseason . . . that would be completely unacceptable, I rather throw the rook in there before going thru that again.

4. IdahoPhin

IdahoPhin FinHeaven VIP

IMO, if we sign Green he will be our starter. If we don't sign Green and Pep is healthy enough to play he will be our stater. :confused:

5. BillsFanInPeace

BillsFanInPeace FinHeaven VIP

Yes I want to see him flop again when he cannot understand the Offense or read a defense

6. In_Flames

In_Flames A True Fan

I wouldn't mind seeing Pep start....on another team. Bring on Green already and let him groom Beck!

7. ottie35

ottie35 Straight Outta Delaware

For the life of me, i cant figure out how a phin fan, wants to see a phin player "flop".........are we that used to losing?

8. In_Flames

In_Flames A True Fan

Psssssssssssssst...he's a Buffalo fan, check out the username and sig pics :wink:

9. Fresh

Fresh Banned Hammered

If C-Pep can get and remain healthy, then of course.

When healthy, he's twice as better and twice as younger than Trent Green.

10. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Don't think he is a phin fan lol

11. Finfan Griff

Finfan Griff Starter

he's not a phin fan....hence the name "Billsfan" and his sigs of lynch and pozluzny

12. Mari0k

Mari0k Russian

He has not played for this organization at 100% yet..so why da hell we WOULDNT give him a chance..keep him while he is hurt..realease when he is healthy, and watch him do waht Brees did last year?

13. RoninFin4

RoninFin4 FinHeaven VIP

If he's healthy and Green's not in town, then yeah, DC should get a shot.

14. Jupiterfin

Jupiterfin FinHeaven VIP

A trade for Green likely won't happen because Sperm Edwards is too stubbourn and hard headed... Forcing Miami to start an overweight, oft injured and slow QB who has'nt comleted an entire season since 2004. Does not seem good. Hopefully Beck will be ready by the early mid season point.

15. Jackson

Jackson 18 and 1 GIANT Loss

To be honest, I want the quarterback to be the guy who gives us the best chance to win every week. I have no favorites when it comes to the position. Sure, Culpepper getting healthy and returning to his pro bowl form would make a great story and maybe it will happen. But in the end we are all fans of the miami dolphins and not just one player. May the best man for the job win the starting spot.

16. IRONCORP

IRONCORP Active Member

Green or Beck will be the starter

17. PhinFan0202

PhinFan0202 Alriiigghht miaaammi!!!

Hell Yeah i would give him a chance to start. CPep can still be a good QB if he's healthy. It's time for him to put up or shut up because he's had another year to heal his knee and if he's not healthy by the end of traning camp maybe we need to move on.

18. PROBALL9954

PROBALL9954 Banned Hammered

Hey BILLSFAN you cant wait to see DC fails well when you're team drafted linebacker is POLISH name guess what i dont think he'll able too read defenses to.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

I say this w/ the utmost sincerity- I HOPE beyond hope he is starting in Week 1 and startinf for many years in Miami. As long as he is the QB Miami will not be a legitimate threat.

20. Mari0k

Mari0k Russian

That is comming form a huy whose Qb cant throw the ball more than 40 yards down the field?

21. lloyddossey

lloyddossey New Member

Yeah, that!!! Only I will add a thought or 2.

Why is Cameron and Mueller so eager to get rid of Cpep? Sure there is the knee healing thing (will it ever be healed enough for Cpep to play good or better), but I think it also has a chance of being that Cpep is NOT the type of QB they would ultimately prefer to run the Miami Fins new offense style. It is based on quick decision making and timing routes. My take on Cpep is that he is slow on reads but used to be able to avoid rushers until he could hit a wide open WR. Even if Cpep is able to avoid rushers after the injury, I don't believe this is the way the HC sees his offense being ran. Now, if for some reason TG doesn't come over from KC, he may be our best option for a while (assuming he can avoid sacks) and some tinkering will need to be done with the overall offensive game plan.
    I for one have really liked every decision the Cam and Mueller have made so far. I'm not saying every one of there decisions will be home runs, but you can at least see where the thought process came into the decision making.
    Lets hope they were right on the draft (as I believe they were) b/c that is where the FINs will become an elite team again!!!

22. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

Not only will Culpepper NOT be this team starter Week 1, he by all means most likely not be on the roster come training camp with Trent Green's inevitable arrival.

He does not fit under this current regime plans(Mueller/Cam). He was a Saban project. And a project that is not going to pan out...

Even if he gets to the point where there is no pain at all in his knee, he still won't have the same mobiliy in which made him such a threat. Daunte's mobility was his bread, and his rocket arm was his butter. He's always been a guy who's relied heavily on his physical gifts. Not so much of a cerebral type, scan the defenses etc, and that's the direct opposite of what this team needs at the quarterback posisition(to have sucess).

He simply doesn't fit. Trent Green will be by all means the Dolphins starting quarterback to begin the 2007 season.

We have to face the facts....I wanted him to succeed here, but it simply isn't going to happen. Case closed.

23. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Is the goal of the QB to throw 60 yards downfield or to win? Daunte doesn't win, Chad does. When will that sink in w/ you guys? You would think watching Chad lead us to victories over you guys 6 of 7 times would clue you in he's pretty good.

24. Jupiterfin

Jupiterfin FinHeaven VIP

Noodle arm. No way Pennyboy goes the whole year again without injury. Then the Jets find out Kellen Clemons is worthless and Tuiassisopo flat out sucks. Go back to your borrowed stadium Jets trash.

25. In_Flames

In_Flames A True Fan

:clap: finally someone else gets it...well done sir

26. Mari0k

Mari0k Russian

Since 2002 fins and jets are 6-4. jets are up omly 2 games..Two games the both BARLY won cuz of our offenisve geniours mularkey (but the botom line is..they did win..hats off for that)

27. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

That's all you have to hope for? That Chad gets hurt again?

So kellen Clemens a 2nd rd QB who some sad was the best QB in the draft last year will suck while John beck this year's 2nd rd QB ho some sa was the best will begin his HOF career?:lol:

Injured Chad tore through you in 2005 and we narly beat you w/ a 4th string QB later in the year at Miami.

28. Jupiterfin

Jupiterfin FinHeaven VIP

Good luck with your 4 draft picks this year! It was nice to see Tangina and Mangina trade up for a Punt returner/Cornerback in the first and a linebacker with a history of torn ligaments in his knee in the second. Way to go N.Y. :grouplaug :tongue2:

Also... I never hope somebody gets hurt during the season, but do to Pennys' history of injuries it seems like a likely conclusion.

29. finintheburgh

finintheburgh teammates

this is a valid point. everyone around here makes fun of chads arm, but if you look at his record and the way their team plays when he starts you will see an amazing the difference. he knows how to lead his teams to wins. not flashy but effective. it amazes me how much better that team plays when he starts.

we all hate the jets and chad has been giving us fits for years.

30. finintheburgh

finintheburgh teammates

no i would dump DC as soon as i could.

DC playing here has the possibility of dividing the locker room and the coaches. we moved on with beck. now we need to come together under one qb and start getting the chemistry that we will need to build this into a real super bowl contender. you cant keep changing qbs every year.

31. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

You drafted Ginn at 9 and you re laughing at our draft?:sidelol:

32. Mari0k

Mari0k Russian

Sure am. If we didint pick him, hed be gone at #10

33. Dark.Heat

Dark.Heat Phinomenal

If Culpepper is healthy, then yes. Culpepper obviously has the right tools, we saw them with Minnesota. How are you gonna not start a healthy Culpepper and risk the chance of benching a Pro Bowl quarterback?

34. 23EmilioVasquez

23EmilioVasquez Seasoned Veteran

if he is healthy then yes
    i dont want him going to another team and doing amazing

35. Silverphin

Silverphin Chairman of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee

I don't see why we shouldn't give him another chance. We gave tremendously less talented players a second and in some cases a third chance before, like A.J. Feeley, David Boston, and Eddie Moore.

36. aleta

aleta Seasoned Veteran

:sidelol: :sidelol: GO DOLPHINS!! even though, we are acostume of lossing:sidelol: :sidelol:

37. aleta

aleta Seasoned Veteran

Why..

Why you write all those wonderfull thing of Chad over here? you know that in a propellers(jets) chat room , they will crush you because you wanted Chad's head last year, before the season started. After he finish his first complete season, now you salute him and adore him. That in my bock is call hypocrite.

38. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife F-A-L

Over 50% say yes along with me, almost surprising.

39. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

I think some of ya'll are mistakenly trying to correlate that a 'healthy Culpepper' TODAY equates to the Daunte Culpepper that was in 2004 who had one of the five best seasons ever for a quarterback with the Minnesota Vikings.

A 'heathy Culpepper' is not that today, folks. A 'healthy Culpepper' today, simply doesn't have pain in his knee from multiple surgeries, allowing him to particpate in camp activities.

He's not going to ever regain that full mobility that made him so good. He simply isn't. He's 30 years old. His skills and athleticsm are detiorating, they're not improving.

And again, people don't realize HOW much Daunte has relied on his ability to roll out of the pocket, and lunge for 15-20 yards while the defense was back covering the receivers (Randy Moss most of the time drawing both safties)with his big 260+ lbs frame..

Without that full mobility he simply isn't the same player.

If Culpepper is the Dolphis quarterback come the start of the season, I'd be shocked..

40. LarryFinFan

LarryFinFan Left So Fla, never the Fins...

Considering the price we paid for him and the fact that he really hasn't had a 'chance' here yet, yes I certainly would. That decision tho, isn't up to us, it's up to Cam...I don't think he'll get that chance as much as I'd like to see him get that shot...