Call me crazy... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Call me crazy...

NYRicky34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
but give me Chris Jackson over Orande Gadsden. I'm not saying this guy is going to make the team, in fact odds are against it. But when it comes down to picking beetween the two former Arena League standouts, I'd take Jackson instead of OG and here's why.

Where would Gadsden fit? With all of the research I have done on Thompson, I have come to the conclusion that he is an idea number two receiver for this offense: the big, strong, possesion type who makes plays in space, makes the great grab, and uses his size and athleticism, instead of great speed, to make plays down the field. McKnight will be the 3rd guy, playing outside and adding that speed/playmaking ability to stretch the defense. You think Orande would keep his mouth shut and play 5-10 plays a game, tops, as the 4th WR, at a minimum salary? I think the guy would rather stay home. He has an ego, he has a lot of confidence (basically over-confidence) in his ability, and this situation would tear him apart, and cause problems in the locker room. If OG would come back, he would come back with a chip on his shoulder and the attitude that "I'm going to take that number two job, and at worst be the 3rd guy." I'm sorry, but that's not going to happen, and when it doesn't, that would cause a lot of problems.

Jackson comes in at the minimum, just happy to compete for a job on an NFL team. The other reason I like him is he reminds me so much of when Gadsden came here. Some big numbers in college, in and out of a few NFL camps, tremendous arena league player. Simmons, Newson, Bellamy, even Robert Baker, are just camp bodies as far as I'm concerned. They are NOT 4th WR material. Tolver, and now Jackson, have the size, strength, hands and upside to actually stick on the roster, contribute on special teams some, develop, and eventually maybe become good players. I think the 4th WR spot will come down to one of those two guys, maybe both.

the biggest thing:

OG isn't under contract, Jackson signed a 2-year deal... Who do you think is gonna be in a Dolphins unifprm in '03???

I'm way over OG... If he wanted to get a deal done, he screwed himself by listening to this wanna-be agent he hired...

I am a georgia Force fan. I watch the arena league all the time durring the off season and Chris Jackson is the real deal! Most of the arena guys are great player they just lack size. Example: Markieth Cooper on the Georgia Force 4.18 forty time, excellent route runner, Makes amazing catches. He is 5 6' 160 lbs. He would a hell of an NFL receiver with 4 to 5 more inches on him. Chris Jackson will succeed on this team!

Just out of curiosity, what kind of speed does Jackson have??

Originally posted by T-ROCK
I'm way over OG... If he wanted to get a deal done, he screwed himself by listening to this wanna-be agent he hired...

:::Raises his beer:::: I will drink to that!

What I really do not want is to see OG go to another team in the division

I see Robert Baker making the roster before Jackson because he could be a decent return man should Rogers go down. Of course, I've never seen Jackson return a punt (or catch a passs, for that matter), but as of right now IMO Baker in, Jackson out or practice squad.

Originally posted by zachseau13
What I really do not want is to see OG go to another team in the division

Yeah I agree, but it seems that when you've played in the AFC east you're stuck there for life or you find a way to come back (D.ward, T.Buckley, L.Izzo, T. Thomas, ... ).
:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom