Calling it Now 1st pick: DT Star Lotulelei

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by ANUFan, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

Obvious Pick, Obvious Move!

2. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

By "1st Pick" do you mean #1 overall to the Chiefs? If so, I agree he very well could be.

If you mean the Dolphins 1st pick, then I've got unfortunate news for you. He won't be there.

3. ahmilli

ahmilli Rookie Finheaven VIP

Id love this pick

4. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

This is contingent upon Star getting the medical O.K. I still think K.C. goes with one of the Tackles 1st overall very likely Joeckel.
    The new wrinkle in the top 10 is going to be

4. Geno Smith-Eagles
    5-10) Unexpected name, likely Tavon Austin.

5. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

I doubt he would even be there at #12, but if he is there you could EASILY justify BPA. I would have no problem as far as taking the BPA, but its is not a need at all. D-Line is our deepest position and I'm not sure we have the luxury of taking a DT at this point. I would rather have Cooper.

6. BayonnePhinPhan

BayonnePhinPhan Active Member

If he is there it makes sense. Starks and Solias contracts are up.

7. jlfin

jlfin old pro

That is a short sighted opinion. Lotulelei is one of the few blue chip impact players in this draft. The way to beat pocket QB's (BRADY, Marino) is to put quick pressure right up the middle. And as some have pointed out, Soliai and Starks are FA's next yr. If by some miracle, He falls to 12, the Phins would be tripping over themselves running to the podium.
    You would seriously pick a solid G over a D-lineman that can disrupt an offense?

8. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

No thanks im fine with Starks Soliai and Odrick. He will go before wr pick anyway.

9. DUB

DUB Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Starks and Solai are both in the final year of their deals. If he is there at 12 it's a real possibility. I'm thinking #4 to the Eagles.

10. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

sure and both can probably be re-signed for a pretty reasonable price next year, if one is stubborn odrick can step in. We have more pressing needs than DT.

Anyway Star will go top 5 so its not really worth discussion.

11. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

I go to kffl.com site every day and there are always interesting tidbits from all media sources. hearing since his heart is fine, he is back to the top. Oakland, jax, philly all possibilities.

12. FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard FearTheBurke

Even though everyone on the forum is clearly an expert, nothing's a foregone conclusion in the draft. Chances are he won't be there, but it's not a crazy thought. To me though I'd rather take an end and kick Odrick inside so he can get his feet wet on the interior, that way we can see what we have in him and make an evaluation for next draft. Every draft has a number of first round DT's it seems and I think some outside pass rush is a more pressing need and there's a lot of talent.

13. Blancgary911

Blancgary911 Well-Known Member

But what if trade rumors were just to be in position to take him. Wh0 would u pick between him and Johnson?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013
  14. SF Dolphin Fan

SF Dolphin Fan Seasoned Veteran

That would be a great pick.

15. justdev7

justdev7 Rookie

Afraid CK is right. Star is ascending again and if here hasn't ever been that scare about his heart he never would've dropped in all those mock drafts. Every year there are a few guys who shoot up or drop down draft boards due to offseason happenings and everyone is really hot or cold on them and by the time the draft roles around whatever circumstance that had been overblown washes away and they end up right back where they started on the draft boards. Star is a top 5 pick.

16. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

A couple posters have said he passed medical, but i figured id post what happened:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/04/02/star-lotulelei-heart-test/2047363/

17. hoops

hoops exited stage left

he's not gonna get anywhere near our pick...

18. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

If we were talking about a solid OG I would agree with you, but we aren't. Cooper is not a SOLID OG. He is ELITE. He is arguably the best OG prospect to come out in the last 10 years. Last year coming out David DeCastro was considered a once in a decade OG and Cooper is a better prospect than him. So please, dont try to undermine my argument when you dont have the facts straight. Cooper is ELITE just like Richardson is ELITE. Considering we have Soliai and Starks tearing **** up, it wouldn't be the worst idea to once and for all shore up that **** of an interior line that we have. Not to mention that the OG position is actually becoming more important with the addition of the "new age" DTs that pass rush.