Cam Cameron Fired as Baltimore OC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Cameron Fired as Baltimore OC

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Jim Caldwell promoted to OC. Some may be surprised, but Baltimore fans have been asking this for 3 years. I see a lot of Ravens, and the Ravens offense sometimes goes in spite of him. He completely forgets about Ray Rice quite a bit, and constantly only calls deep balls. Tempting with the speed they have and Flacco's arm, but you can't live strictly off the deep pass.

Going back to when he was the OC at San Diego. I remember a story going into the playoff game against New England during LT's MVP year. Marty knew that Cam and Wade Phillips were gonna get head coaching looks so he picked that game to stay away from the game planning and let his coordinators plan everything. Not only was it a strange time to step away from gameplanning, but it was also the worst called game for that great offense as Cam barely used LT at all. The debacle here I really don't remember specifics of his playcalling but I remember the gameplanning was criticized. Down in Baltimore fans get enraged with how much he goes away from Rice.

Just heard the news on the NFL Network. I don't think he was as bad a coach as Sparano, but he also wasn't a great OC. I just hope we can get better on offense. I am not sure if Sherman is the guy to get it done. The play calling has been pretty boring and predictable, but that's what happens when you don't have anyone besides Hartline and Bess at Wide Receiver.

I totally agree that Cameron didn't use Ray Rice correctly in Baltimore. He's their bread and butter and at times they never use him.

I applaud the Ravens organization for terminating an inept person in a position of authority. Unfortunately, our owner doesn't buy into that philosophy.

I applaud the Ravens organization for terminating an inept person in a position of authority. Unfortunately, our owner doesn't buy into that philosophy.

ross should be taking notes, this is how you make your team better, take the trash out and bring in someone who gets the job done the way u want it.

Re: Cam Gets Canned

I could only dream of 9-4 and leading the division

Seriously, this seems more like scapegoating more than brilliance. We will see if it works out for the Ravens but damn I wouldnt mind being in that position.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Seriously, this seems more like scapegoating more than brilliance. We will see if it works out for the Ravens but damn I wouldnt mind being in that position.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

as I said in the thread I made, the offense looked good in spite of Cam at times. He goes away from Ray Rice way too much and falls in love with nothing but deep passes (sound familiar?). Easy to fall in love with that when you have WRs with height and speed like the Ravens do, but it makes their offense way too stagnant. Baltimore is at their best when they involve Rice and the TEs. Cam doesn't do that consistently. Raven fans have wanted him out for 3 years.

Similar to Bruce Arians with the Steelers. They were winning but the fans and media did not like his playcalling. Arians was actually going to be fired 2 years ago but Big Ben stood up for him. His contract was up and the Steelers used that to get rid of him.

Cam's issues strike me to those similar to what Mike Martz had after the Rams fired him. Wants to prove he deserves to be a head coach in the league and goes for the flashy offense rather than the smart play.

Cam cameron got canned!

THOSE OLD OCs JUST DON'T GET IT.

WOULD WE SEE THE SAME THING IN MIAMI?

Interesting not that he got fired, but the timing

Back
Top Bottom