Cam Newton | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton

A man who said he represented Auburn quarterback and Heisman hopeful Cameron Newton during his recruitment out of junior college last year asked for payment to secure his commitment to Mississippi State, according to former MSU player John Bond.

Newton has led Auburn (9-0) to the No. 3 ranking in The Associated Press poll and the No. 2 spot in the most recent Bowl Championship Series standings.

"I will say this, very loud and very clear: Cameron Newton is eligible at Auburn University. Period. End of story," Auburn coach Gene Chizik said Thursday night on his weekly radio show.

Bond said he went straight to MSU with the allegations.

"During the 2009 football season, I was contacted by a former football teammate, who represented to me that he was speaking for the Newton camp," Bond said in a statement given to the AP through his attorney. "He told me that Cam Newton wanted to play at Mississippi State, but that a specified payment would have to be made.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/05/sportsline/main7025408.shtml?tag=stack

LSUfreek:
itsawonderfulheist_medium-1.gif

I lost hard at the laptop :lol:

Check out this thread from a TCU board.

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?showtopic=125319&st=0

Aside from the very telling opening post, did you catch anything else unusual there? Like the timestamp of that post? Nearly 9 hours before this story broke on ESPN.

Seen this thread on the Mainboard as well. The kid from the Auburn page broke all of this like four days before anything really went down. Everyone just kind of wrote it all off as he was making **** up. I don't think the NCAA can move fast enough to rule Newton ineligible the rest of the season unless some hardcore evidence surfaces such as these tapes from this Mississippi booster.

It does say that that MSU booster turned the tapes in last week so the NCAA has to have examined them at least once. This is the Heisman front-runner we're talking about here. But if there's anything the NCAA has proven to us with their investigations, it's that they are literally slower than Christmas. It took them years to finish their probe into the Bush scandal and they still aren't finished with that mess at UNC. I seriously doubt any action is taken with him before the end of this season. And if you're Auburn, why pull him out now? You've already played 10 games with the guy that you would have to vacate anyway if it's proven that he was ineligible. Just go for it all and pray that something miraculously ****s up the NCAA's investigation.

One other thing that keeps popping up in all these discussions is that apparently Cam's dad's church recently got an awfully pricey makeover.

It does say that that MSU booster turned the tapes in last week so the NCAA has to have examined them at least once. This is the Heisman front-runner we're talking about here. But if there's anything the NCAA has proven to us with their investigations, it's that they are literally slower than Christmas. It took them years to finish their probe into the Bush scandal and they still aren't finished with that mess at UNC. I seriously doubt any action is taken with him before the end of this season. And if you're Auburn, why pull him out now? You've already played 10 games with the guy that you would have to vacate anyway if it's proven that he was ineligible. Just go for it all and pray that something miraculously ****s up the NCAA's investigation.

One other thing that keeps popping up in all these discussions is that apparently Cam's dad's church recently got an awfully pricey makeover.

Well that's exactly right.... Auburn crossed that bridge a long time ago by letting Cam Newton start the season in the first place... he's been being investigated since the summer.. the only difference is, the public knows about it now.

It's too late to sit Cam now.... Auburn is either 10-0 or 0-10 right now anyway (if they have to vacate the victories)...

There's also been some mysterious happenings going back to the recruitment of Michael Dyer from the get go, but that goes on the backburner for now... the big fish here is Newton.

The bottom line is, Cam Newton has TWO investigations going on surrounding him... One involving recruitment, and the other involving contact with an agent. Auburn's compliance department never cooperated to begin with... which is how it got to this point.

Mississippi St. was only doing the right thing for themselves by reporting their initial knowledge of someone being associated with Cam and his father trying to solicit money from the University in exchange for Cam's commitment... it's not their fault the trail of evidence has led them to Auburn's front door... it's Auburn's fault for offering more money to secure Cam Newton in the first place.

The Barner's are so incredibly stupid... it's baffling.. They very well may have just committed program suicide...

This is the type of thing that goes on all across the country, the difference is in the SEC, schools seem to enjoy ratting each other out a lot more...

The whole situation with Marcel Dareus was speedy because Bama's compliance department cooperated, did their own investigation first without a LOI (letter of inquiry) from the NCAA and reported it as soon as they found out about it... and Dareus himself told the truth from the beginning...

Auburn basically shoved their nose up in the air at all of this... that's their choice. But they'll also live with the consequences... whatever that may be...

Talk about taking the "persecution complex" to the next level. This is an actual sig from an Auburn board user:

2q3qamh-1.jpg

:lol2::sidelol:

This is the best reality show on TV right now.

Bet Urban is thinking "Damn, $200,000,a laptop and free internet would have kept him here".

Back
Top Bottom