Cam Robinson, Marlon Humphrey, ArDarius Stewart to enter draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Robinson, Marlon Humphrey, ArDarius Stewart to enter draft

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Come draft time if Humphrey is there at 22 he has to be one of the players considered. Still would expect a defensive lineman or linebacker as the pick.

I think with Robinson it's going to depend a lot on his background check. He could drop further than expected.

I'll say this, if Marlon Humphrey is a 1st round pick then it's obvious that how a corner plays in games is completely irrelevant in terms of the draft. There's no point in even watching tape of cornerbacks anymore. As long as you're tall and can run fast, you're a 1st round pick at the cornerback position. All that matters is combine performance, tape gets thrown out.

Marlon Humphrey has plenty of physical talent and athletic gifts. But he stays burnt constantly. Every single big play that Alabama gives up in the passing game is almost always attributed to Marlon Humphrey. He's given up an average of a whopping 17 yards/completion over the past 2 years. Furthermore, Alabama only gave up 15 passing touchdowns as a team this season. I'd be willing to bet nearly half were on Humphrey.

He's a very physical corner and an excellent tackler. But all teams have to do is throw it long on Humphrey matched up in man coverage. It'll typically result in a big play either by completion or pass interference penalty. I don't know why teams didn't do it more to be honest. It's no coincidence that the one's that do (Ole Miss and Clemson) are the offenses Bama has struggled the most with.

He'll probably go on to be a pro-bowler in the NFL. Which just strengthens the notion that the league might as well quit wasting time watching tape of cornerbacks. Apparently they may have already quit doing that a long time ago.

So what you're saying is he's a Brandon Browner/Byron Maxwell clone?

Back
Top Bottom