cam wake? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

cam wake?

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
just a question, as good as wake was at rushing the passer last year he didnt get very many looks in coverage are the dolphins counting on him to be a every down starter or just a pass rusher? and if he is the starter what side will he be on? porters side or JT's side?

I would guess this FO wants him to be an everydown player ala Dumerville. Dumerville didn't drop back into coverage that much last year and his main focus was rushing the QB. We signed Dansby as our coverage LB and Crowder will be used like he was when Zach was here and that is to stop the run. I think Nolan will move him around quite a bit as well. This question however won't be fully answered until after we see who we draft or if we sign another pass rushing OLB via FA.

i assumed he played week side lb but there were times he lined up on the strong side, god knows he is strong enough but that was on passing downs

I imagine he will play full time WOLB looking at our current roster, and his skillset, with us hopefully addressing SOLB in the draft. Dumerville is awful in run support and coverage as well, so we'll see what Nolan does with Wake.

I personally see Wake as a NICKEL/DIME rush DE. He showed nothing last year to say he would succeed in a stand up OLB spot. I may be wrong...but as of right now, he showed nothing at the OLB spot.

If MIA drafts a WOLB than we will see Wake in passing downs only.

I personally see Wake as a NICKEL/DIME rush DE. He showed nothing last year to say he would succeed in a stand up OLB spot. I may be wrong...but as of right now, he showed nothing at the OLB spot.

If MIA drafts a WOLB than we will see Wake in passing downs only.

If I remember right, most of his QB pressures came when he had his hands on the ground, in the moment of the snap. This would underline your opinion, based on last years performance.
The big questions is, if he is able to get his game to the next level, and be dangerous out of a 2 point stance. I think we got the coaches to teach him what he has to know, so it1s really up to him. I really hope he will take that next step this season, we need him to :)

If I remember right, most of his QB pressures came when he had his hands on the ground, in the moment of the snap. This would underline your opinion, based on last years performance.
The big questions is, if he is able to get his game to the next level, and be dangerous out of a 2 point stance. I think we got the coaches to teach him what he has to know, so it1s really up to him. I really hope he will take that next step this season, we need him to :)

Yes I agree as well...Jason Taylor commented on the fact that he, himself is less explosive out a 2 point stance.. as opposed to 3 and 4 point stance...

I think the coaches should be able to work that out with Wake tho...

He needs to develop more pass rush more..but I really like his chance if we can get him some One on One scenerio's

Back
Top Bottom