Cameron Brate? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cameron Brate?

I heavily go for Cameron Brate, because he is available and Miami has a need at TE. He may be RFA, but Tampa already has a very strong starting TE in O.J.Howard and they cannot afford to pay every salary to Brate - not to mention the 7.2 Million spotrac.com is projecting for Cameron Brate. He is a huge (6 ft 5) athletic target and he is able to score TDs. He is very good especially in the Red Zone. He isn´t very strong in run blocking but he is very productive in Offense. Because of his little snaps he will get at Tampa because of Howard, he will be the ideal target in the free agency. If the Phins additionaly draft Mark Andrews, who is particularly very strong in blocking, the Phins would get a powerful TE squad. So I´ll go for Brate

Whatever happened to Gary "Big Play" Barnidge. He was a good receiving threat. I think he is currently available.

Last edited:
Both brothers are bucs fans and loved Brate. That’s all I have to contribute.

Brate or Burton or possibly both, would transform Miami’s TE position into a serious threat every Sunday. I’d absolutely love if Miami signed Brate.

Brate would be an upgrade over Fasano and Julius “Drops” Thomas.

I like this kid and he is young, saw him play a couple of times and seems to give good effort. What I also like about him is he seems to be a touchdown magnet.

I think Brate is a pretty solid option, who shouldnt overly break the bank. I think you could push TE to day 3 of the draft, maybe snagging someone like Herndon, or someone with some potential to develop

Goedert at 42 or at 73. Not sure he last till 73

Ozzy rules!!

If it doesn't require giving up a draft pick, absolutely.

If it does require a draft pick and Miami can't sign Burton, I'm completely OK getting a TE in the 2nd or 3rd round. There's a lot of talent in this year's class.

Mark Andrews and Gesicki are my two favorite tight ends from the class, but those are followed closely by Goedert and Fumagalli. Any of those four guys would be great.

Back
Top Bottom