Cameron Wake expected to play against Bears, Fins hopeful Long can play as well | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cameron Wake expected to play against Bears, Fins hopeful Long can play as well

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Cameron Wake, who sustain a hip injury Sunday, is apparently fine. He was sent home with aspirin and an ice pack and is expected to play Thursday. So that's good.

As for Jake Long, the offensive left tackle that is nursing a dislocated shoulder, the coach is being coy about his status. I'm told the team is hopeful Long can play Thursday although that is asking a lot from him, including going on the field against the likes of Julius Peppers with, basically, one arm tied to his side.

"Jake is a pretty tough guy," Sparano said, "We'll see where we go."

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...arifies-a-bit-for-dolphins.html#ixzz15ONy0P57

Since its Jake's left shoulder (I think?) wouldn't it be a little "easier" on him to put him at right tackle? and put Carey at LT for this game.

Since its Jake's left shoulder (I think?) wouldn't it be a little "easier" on him to put him at right tackle? and put Carey at LT for this game.

he might do worse at RT than with the injury than at LT

The positions aren't interchangeable. They require different skill sets...

The positions aren't interchangeable. They require different skill sets...

If you can play LT, you can definitely play RT. I'm not worried about him playing RT, I'm more worried about Carey playing LT, but he's done it before. We can also stick Fasano in to help block Peppers

If you can play LT, you can definitely play RT. I'm not worried about him playing RT, I'm more worried about Carey playing LT, but he's done it before. We can also stick Fasano in to help block Peppers

Probably true. He'd be better off on the left though. On blitz pick up, you're always told to pick up the inside guy first, and let the outside go. I'm sure its the same here. They'd rather keep him on the left, where he still has his right arm to solidify the inside move, and he can flush anything on the left out so that the QB can step into the pocket. If he is on the right, then he would have the inside being his weakness, which is the absolute last thing you want...

Back
Top Bottom