Cameron Wake not making waves | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cameron Wake not making waves

What some people are failing to realize is that , Wake dominated the CFL. The league is well below NFL standards. Ask any rational football fan thats not a pro CFL fan and they will agree. Will Wake dominate in the NFL maybe, but maybe not. If Wake makes some plays this year he will be worth it in my mind. If people thought he was the second coming of a young Jason Taylor then they're just plane old dreaming and not being rational. Hopefully overtime Wake will improve to be a force wreckoned with.

What some people are failing to realize is that , Wake dominated the CFL. The league is well below NFL standards. Ask any rational football fan thats not a pro CFL fan and they will agree. Will Wake dominate in the NFL maybe, but maybe not. If Wake makes some plays this year he will be worth it in my mind. If people thought he was the second coming of a young Jason Taylor then they're just plane old dreaming and not being rational. Hopefully overtime Wake will improve to be a force wreckoned with.

No one really thought the young Jason Taylor would turn into Jason Taylor either so no one really knows for sure.

Wake is a bust. Trade him for a 1st and 2 3rd rounders next year. Someone will bite.:unsure:

I can't speak for everyone but I was holding out that Wake was going to be one of those "diamond in the rough" type players. These intial reports are telling me otherwise :(

He still can be. The whole idea of a diamond in the rough is that they might not look like much at first, but with some work, they can be something special.

No one really thought the young Jason Taylor would turn into Jason Taylor either so no one really knows for sure.

That's true. Before the 2000 season, JT was an enigma. He had amazing athletic ability but it didn't consistently translate to his play on the field. He used to be really bad against the run and big tackles simply took him out of the play. JT worked hard and learned from greybeards like Trace Armstrong and made himself into one of the best pass-rushing threats of the early 21st century.

seems like he will end up being nothing special

yea definitley going to end up being nothing, good thing you gave him some time and not only 3 days of training camp to make that conclusion...... : /

Dont really care if its Wake, Moses or Anderson making the plays. As long as one of them steps it I dont care who it is.

Actually it has nothing to do with pro-CFL'ers as it does the fans that think P.White will come in and dominate the league. These are the ones that then think Wake will walk into camp and go straight to the HOF.

Most of us really like the Wake signing because of the fact that BP looks under every rock to improve this team. None of us believe he'll be more then a situational player for now with room to improve.

Back
Top Bottom