Camp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Camp

kegman

Starter
Reaction score
How bad would the cap hit be if we kept all 3 QB's and drafted a QB to groom going into camp/ first mini camp after the draft . Then cut one of the vets that just arent going to make it in the offense??:dolphins: :dolphins: .
Does anyone remember the date that salary counts as a higher percent or is it only bonuses ( last year we had to wait to get JH because detroit wasnt going to cut him until right before some bonus)

not entirely sure, but it certainly wouldent be beneficial. That would mean we have to take all four of the QB's salary's, all of them probably above 1 mil. We would also have to keep 4 quarterbacks on the roster, thus not letting us to have more depth on another position. JH figures to be cut, we would save money and i also think there is no need for him because im pretty confident that Cleo can be better than Joey.

not entirely sure, but it certainly wouldent be beneficial. That would mean we have to take all four of the QB's salary's, all of them probably above 1 mil. We would also have to keep 4 quarterbacks on the roster, thus not letting us to have more depth on another position. JH figures to be cut, we would save money and i also think there is no need for him because im pretty confident that Cleo can be better than Joey.

But what about your precious Daunte?

What if Cam has a cheaper version in Lemon?

Things to ponder. Eh.

Things to ponder. Eh.
if your a real fan and daunte comes back strong,he will be your precious daunte as well.
YOU TOTALLY DO NOT SOUND LIKE A TRUE DOLPHIN FAN WITH THAT COMMENT.

why such hatred for a dolphin player thats doing everything he can to be our QB,,your tone is quite suspicious.

The amount of hate for that guy is unbelievable.

Things to ponder. Eh.

What did you see in Cleo Lemon that makes you decide he is the next Daunte Culpepper? Daunte has a stronger arm, bigger frame, more accurate, and is proven. What has Cleo done in this league?

What did you see in Cleo Lemon that makes you decide he is the next Daunte Culpepper? Daunte has a stronger arm, bigger frame, more accurate, and is proven. What has Cleo done in this league?
Cleo Lemon is a nice prospect and were very lucky to have him on the roster.
Breaking down his gilm in the indy game i watched a very poised QB for his first start,he played better in that game than anyone did in that position the previous 16 weeks,He has excellent pocket awareness,beautiful delivery,strong arm with good mobility,the hype he was getting in san diego was real and i now understand it.The kid is good,and i feel comfortable if daunte can't get healthy he will be our starter this season.

All signs point to Daunte being healthy for the start of the season so with him and cleo we are in great shape at the QB position.

We all know that the Culpepper project has been a farce so far.

If you folks would feel good about calling me out on being a Miami Dolphin fan

I will just say "I'm by no means a pessimist, but merely an optimist with experience"

Results matter and Daunte did not produce in 2006 for this football team.

I watched it, you watched it. Who cares about the past.

You live in 2004. I choose not to when it comes to numbers.

I choose to think about what happens today.

Time to not rely on the has been! :fire::fire::fire:

definatly not the way to go:shakeno:

Please explain to me the way to go then please because I know absolutely nothing about the Miami Dolphins.

I was at the new years game in Indy and we played one helluva game!

if your a real fan and daunte comes back strong,he will be your precious daunte as well.

why such hatred for a dolphin player thats doing everything he can to be our QB,,your tone is quite suspicious.

Doing eveything he can would involve restructuring his excessive contract so that our team can sign better FA's and become contenders.

As a such an avid Dolphin fan, I'm sure you agree.

Doing eveything he can would involve restructuring his excessive contract so that our team can sign better FA's and become contenders.

As a such an avid Dolphin fan, I'm sure you agree.
thats not a bad idea but for finfang to judge him on his 2006 performance is utterly laughable,the guy played four games on one leg,he had no business being on that field,i knew it,the players knew and daunte knew it but the guy wanted to be out there for us,he felt it was important to be our leader and put his career in jeapordy doing so,,,i respect that and will give him a fair chance at the position and judge him accordingly.

After two years of strethening he should be lean, fast, and most of all, a very angry quarterback,,a man with that kind of talent with that size chip on his shoulder makes for a leathal combination and we would be crazy as an organization not to find out what a real healthy daunte will be.

By the way all signs point to that being true.

thats not a bad idea but for finfang to judge him on his 2006 performance is utterly laughable,the guy played four games on one leg,he had no business being on that field,i knew it,the players knew and daunte knew it but the guy wanted to be out there for us,he felt it was important to be our leader and put his career in jeapordy doing so,,,i respect that and will give him a fair chance at the position and judge him accordingly.

After two years of strethening he should be lean, fast, and most of all, a very angry quarterback,,a man with that kind of talent with that size chip on his shoulder makes for a leathal combination and we would be crazy as an organization not to find out what a real healthy daunte will be.

By the way all signs point to that being true.

I agree that judging on 2006 stats is not the way to go. But I also have to admit that the Culpepper I saw on the field those 4 games looked bewildered. Hopefully it was mainly because of his injury and that's a non-factor this year.

I also agree on the man's talent. He's naturaly gifted with size, strength, and if we're lucky, just a little less speed than before which would still make him mobile.

If he restructures, it would show me he is commited to the Miami Dolphins and is willing to jeopardize his earnings for our betterment.

We all know that the Culpepper project has been a farce so far.

If you folks would feel good about calling me out on being a Miami Dolphin fan

I will just say "I'm by no means a pessimist, but merely an optimist with experience"

Results matter and Daunte did not produce in 2006 for this football team.

I watched it, you watched it. Who cares about the past.

You live in 2004. I choose not to when it comes to numbers.

I choose to think about what happens today.

Time to not rely on the has been! :fire::fire::fire:

On the other hand, neither have any of the other QBs we've had in the last several years, including last year. And that doesn't take into consideration that Daunte should NEVER have been starting until mid-season at best. Shame on Nick and Daunte and the training staff for letting that happen. The fact is that DC has performed in the past (prior to the injury) overall. The question will be whether the injury will prevent him from getting back to that level again...hopefully this year we'll see, but it's way too soon to be dissing on DC about something that was not entirely his fault...

A true dolphin fan wouldn't care what the name of the QB is. They would just want the coach to pick the best one and go forward. Let the rest go. A true dolphin fan would support any move, even if it means their choice of QB is cut.

Back
Top Bottom