Can first year coach lead to Miami's success | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can first year coach lead to Miami's success

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Can first year coaches lead to Miami's success in 06

I don't think this is a repost, sorry if it is, but it's very interesting to think about..

Most of the teams we play next year will have new head coaches, why is this important? Read this quote.

What makes this relevant is that the Dolphins play those teams next season. Nine games next year will be against first-year coaches. Nine! And none might have a winning record. That's not a schedule. It's a fantasy.

Check it out here.

Link

Post yours thoughts..

It will definetly help. It would be easy to say Miami will win those nine games. Let's assume we slip and lose one of them. Looks nice. BUT here's the problem: Playing what is turning out as a pretty weak schedule (on paper) may hurt us when we get into the playoffs. Not being truly tested will prevent us from being as prepared as we could be heading into a tougher situation (the playoffs). Just a thought. There are some positives about it as well. It could help our playoff seeding, and it will definetly boost the confidence of the team. Another positive is that, now that Linehan is likely gone, the transition to a possible new offense may not be as rocky.

Saban was a new coach last season and the team was loads better, so dont count with the fact that its easyer playing new coaches

Wow, that will help us a lot. That has to be some sort of record.

I'm praying all throughout this upcoming season, we define ourselves as a force by becoming at least 2nd Seed. (I can hope)

Saban was a first year coach and he put together a winning record. Don Shula had a winning record in his first year as HC at Baltimore.

It doesn't matter how long a HC has been at a club, what matters is how good they are.

SCall13 said:
It will definetly help. It would be easy to say Miami will win those nine games. Let's assume we slip and lose one of them. Looks nice. BUT here's the problem: Playing what is turning out as a pretty weak schedule (on paper) may hurt us when we get into the playoffs. Not being truly tested will prevent us from being as prepared as we could be heading into a tougher situation (the playoffs). Just a thought. There are some positives about it as well. It could help our playoff seeding, and it will definetly boost the confidence of the team. Another positive is that, now that Linehan is likely gone, the transition to a possible new offense may not be as rocky.

Yes I'm worried about a soft schedule ruining us too. But those other points make me feel better. Great sig! My wife is peeking over my shoulder and she looks pretty pis..........................................';ldfaljv's 438a kjnqfg

g rrp

re qwgrqw

Romeo was 1st year coach in Cleveland and they got the Win.....any given Sunday if you arent prepared to play your best....regardless of coach seniority.

why does everyone think this will make it easier to get to the playoffs? The other teams in our division will be playing virtually the same schedule. on getting soft... There is nothing soft about how our division plays itself

Back
Top Bottom