Can I say it... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can I say it...

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Jarvis Landry is going to be our Anquan Boldin. You may call me crazy, but I am feeling it.:up:
Landry's college scouting report is accurate: He is not the biggest, fastest or most athletic receiver the Dolphins have. But he finds a way to perform in game situations with smarts, strong hands and other intangibles, which are all needed in Bill Lazor's new, up-tempo offense.

"I'll tell you what, you've got to be in shape for sure," Landry said of Miami's scheme. "I think we do a great job with conditioning. But there is never enough conditioning as far as when the game and emotions start getting involved. That can propel you forward. It’s one of those things that we just have to keep working at to be an efficient offense."

Landry also caught the attention of veterans during offseason workouts. No. 1 receiver Mike Wallace spent some time during organized team activities and minicamp getting reps with Landry.

“[He’s] nice. Jarvis, he can hang in the game,” Wallace said of the rookie. “He plays like a three, four-year vet already. He’s really smart, crafty. He’s a really good receiver. He’s going to be good for us.”

The three-way battle at slot receiver is still up for grabs. Landry is competing with veterans Brandon Gibson and Rishard Matthews for an important role in the offense. All three receivers made plays this offseason, and nothing has been determined at this stage.

Miami's slot receiver will be determined throughout training camp and during the preseason. Landry knows he has the most ground to make up since he's entering his first season. But he plans the make the most of "vacation season" in the NFL before training camps start in late July.

“It’s holding yourself accountable and knowing the things that you have to do that are required of you to play at a high level,” Landry said. “It’s not taking a month off and then coming back and expecting to be ready. It’s constant improvement and continuing to learn. But for me, I’ll be here with [quarterback] Ryan [Tannehill], trying to get things going.”
http://espn.go.com/blog/miami-dolphins/post/_/id/8360/rookie-wr-jarvis-landry-has-a-plan

I WANT to say it!!! I just wanna wait until he's played in some games that matter. I want him to be a perennial All-Pro. I just don't want to be broken hearted anymore!! LOL

Davone Bess. That is a complement btw.

To me he's like a slicker Hines Ward. If Ward had the moves in and feel for the slot like Wes Welker, that's the potential I see in Landry. Boldin in his prime was much more dangerous after the catch than Ward or Landry. He wasn't fast, but he was dynamic with the ball in his hands, and he was bigger and stronger than Ward or Landry. Not a knock on Ward or Landry; Boldin's just uncommonly muscular for a WR. In this offense, with his skill set, given how badly Tannehill needed a guy like him, I think Landry's a good dark horse candidate for OROTY. And whether or not he puts up great numbers as a rookie, I think he'll have a great career in Miami. But if Tannehill can find him, Landry is going to murder in the slot.

Davone Bess. That is a complement btw.

If he can put up Bess type numbers as a rookie that would be a success. If he's a little better than that he will be in the running for OROTY. And remember, Bess had like 800 yards with the rookie Tannehill who should be much better in his third year with better weapons and (hopefully) a better OC.

If he can put up Bess type numbers as a rookie that would be a success. If he's a little better than that he will be in the running for OROTY. And remember, Bess had like 800 yards with the rookie Tannehill, Tannehill should be much better in his third year with better weapons and a (hopefully) better OC.

Agreed.

I wish I could get as excited as everyone else, because there is certainly a lot to like about the youngster, but I just can't see it. I think he is going to have real issues gaining seperation in the NFL. Hope I am wrong but watch the tape how easily college corners could bait him and close the gap with the ball in the air. I see him as a career slot, working the underneath but never being a threat to be a number 1. Maybe he can play some #2 in a pinch like Bess did for a year, but like Bess he will show up as being an easy cover on the edge. When I watch his tape I see Davone Bess without the quickness. I think he will be a good slot for years to come but not a very high ceiling.

Yeah yeah I know I hate the dolphins and am a troll and all that jazz, just giving my opinion.

I wish I could get as excited as everyone else, because there is certainly a lot to like about the youngster, but I just can't see it. I think he is going to have real issues gaining seperation in the NFL. Hope I am wrong but watch the tape how easily college corners could bait him and close the gap with the ball in the air. I see him as a career slot, working the underneath but never being a threat to be a number 1. Maybe he can play some #2 in a pinch like Bess did for a year, but like Bess he will show up as being an easy cover on the edge. When I watch his tape I see Davone Bess without the quickness. I think he will be a good slot for years to come but not a very high ceiling.

Yeah yeah I know I hate the dolphins and am a troll and all that jazz, just giving my opinion.

Let's be real, Landry can do a lot more than Bess when it comes to pure football. Blocking, toughness, taking a hit, etc. He has more straight line speed than Bess did and is bigger/stronger. Future is bright and ceiling is high.

Love the comparisons but maybe we should pump the brakes just a tad. Dude hasn't even had a training camp in the NFL and you're comparing him to one of the better receivers in this league. Yes, I can see the similarities but I'd like to be at least a bit patient

I agree that he's probably going to have to make some nice catches while covered and hopefully he can do that in the NFL.
There's nothing wrong with giving your honest opinion even when it is not what people want to believe. I have said very little about Tannehill here because of the flack I may catch, and frankly I'm just tired of that conversation after having the same one many times in another corner of the Internet, with nothing interesting coming of it. So I guess I appreciate your honestly. What I will say is I think Landry is a good match for Tannehill so hopefully this combination works well for us and helps Tannehill take the next step..

Back
Top Bottom