Can MIA defend the WildCat? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can MIA defend the WildCat?

MiaMarino

Starter
Reaction score
I know we practice against it but I am curious to see what happens when a team tries it on us...? Thoughts?

Honestly it really depends on the team executing it because it really requires a special group of talent to pull it off effectivly. You have to have players that can effectivly block, pass, run, and recieve. How many teams are really built like we are?

Jimmy Johnnson of FOX Sports also had an interesting view on this. According to him, it takes players w/out ego to run this. The RB is basically taking the QB out of the picture. IE: I don't think Romo would run this offense. He'd have TO (Team Obliterator) whining about not getting the ball.

I don't know if Cable will run the direct snap to McFadden. I mean, even if they do, it's not the Wildcat that McFadden ran at Arkansas.

I'm not sure but I imagine that the fins O plays against the D in a mock game. Therefore I'm fairly certain that the O will use the wildcat on our D.

>> If that is true the wildcat probably won't be effective against the raiders (And god I hope we don't have to use it against them)

Holliday has already said that when they tried it in practice it didn't really work...so, our defense must be able to defend it adequately.

Jimmy Johnnson of FOX Sports also had an interesting view on this. According to him, it takes players w/out ego to run this. The RB is basically taking the QB out of the picture. IE: I don't think Romo would run this offense. He'd have TO (Team Obliterator) whining about not getting the ball.

Jimmy Jerkson is right. Pennington has been a great sport about this whole bit. I was talking to a guy at work about the Wildcat the other day (He's a Steelers fan like 99% of everyone around here. I am a Dolphins Fan. I am an island:)). The ideal QB for the Wildcat offense would be Kordell stewart. Stewart was a garbage QB but he could have been a decent pro if he had been used as "slash" his whole career. Unfortunately for him, he refused to go anywhere that wouldn't play him at QB.

That would be like someone singing our song on Karioke night. I think we would be out for blood.

Pasqualoni was asked the question today. The press conference is on the official site. He said the offense itself is very very hard to stop. He said since he saw it alot in college he might a trick or two to slow it down, but he did mention how had it is to stop the offense. He was aked if how about your Wildcat Defense, he had to hold his laughter.

It is interesting how a guy who sees the offense everyday and knows what is coming, stresses how hard it is to stop it. Yet everyone who faces us think they can stop it.

no matter what this team does,somebody has something negative to say....we could win the next 12 games and some people will find something wrong with Ginn or something wrong with Ronnie and something wrong with Sparano and on and on.

Ozzy rules!!

Miami plays ball like they did the last two weeks and keep getting better and they can win the next 12 games. Im liking that Sparano continues to see ways improve this team even when they continue to Win and good coaches do that. Also remember this team is very young and guys like Merling, Langford, Long and Bess will continue to get better as time goes on. Shame we lost Thomas.

Back
Top Bottom