Can Someone Please Educate Me On Our QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Someone Please Educate Me On Our QB

moksha

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm no expert, bay far. But I've really stumped by something. It seems to me that on almost very snap where we throw, Henne has one receiver, one play picked out and if that guy is covered or not he throws without looking for anyone else. I'm not just talking about locking onto a receiver but it's like locking onto a play, nevermind locking onto one receiver (which also seems to be the case). I don't get it! Is it just me? Henne is freakin' pissing me off, every play it's one route or nothing... Also, I watched the game at a bar with no sound, can someone recap what happened on that 4th down play with R.B., it looked like he had the first?

it might not mean hes LOCKED onto the WR because the defenders also look at the qb eyes...... also i usually notice that he looks for marshall when marshall goes into motion and the cb backs off 10 yards its usually a gimmie completion.

You'll be the judge....

Go back to watch the game film, look at the passing downs. What you want to look at is his head.
Once the moment the ball snap, if his head starting looking left, he throw left. If he starting looking right. he throw right.
He never look at other patterns except the primary, even if it was well covered.

I don't know if its is his limitation, or bad coaching, or its how he was instructed. I don't know. You'll be the judge.

The game film tells it all.

i think some of it is bad coaching and some of it is him. im sure henning is up his butt telling him to look for one thing then check down. or he reads the coverage and he finds to bes possible throw. idk but it needs stop

You'll be the judge....

Go back to watch the game film, look at the passing downs. What you want to look at is his head.
Once the moment the ball snap, if his head starting looking left, he throw left. If he starting looking right. he throw right.
He never look at other patterns except the primary, even if it was well covered.

I don't know if its is his limitation, or bad coaching, or its how he was instructed. I don't know. You'll be the judge.

The game film tells it all.

I'll gladly go watch the game film. Could you spare me a copy?

HE IS INCAPABLE OF LOOKING OFF A DEFENDER... 7 YEARS in a pro style O (College/Pros) have confirmed this.

You don't think Henning and co. are NOT "coaching" him to do this? It's freaking "QB play 101"

HE IS INCAPABLE OF LOOKING OFF A DEFENDER... 7 YEARS in a pro style O (College/Pros) have confirmed this.

You don't think Henning and co. are NOT "coaching" him to do this? It's freaking "QB play 101"

I'm not sure he is incapable. He did it fine last year. It's more of a recent problem, so it's quite possible it's a coaching problem.

I agree man...watch other QBs and you will surely notice the difference. Also, how many times have you seen Henne pump fake? And his play action set up is terrible to the point where they shouldn't even do it as it is just a waste of a half a second.

That's our boy but we are obviously going down on the SS Henne no matter what so I have resigned to let it be...

Na he has always had this issue... no pocket presence, suspect accuracy either.

clear.gif

I think he played a solid game today.
He did not try to do to much..
I think he is being hand cuffed and for good reason.
But like I said when we run the ball we play a lot better

Hes just average. Nothing spectacular. BTW- that spot was bull****, reviewed it and still called it wrong they thought he was down but his hand kept him up.

Not that I think Marino would make a good coach as he had too much natural talent, I do think Henne needs to have a few dinners with Marino and pick his brain and for Marino to tell him to just let it hand lose and gor for it sometimes.

Do we really need another thread for this? Can we merge these into one?

Back
Top Bottom