Can the Dolphins realistically make the playoffs? Schedule Reassesment | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can the Dolphins realistically make the playoffs? Schedule Reassesment

After watching the blueprint of this team the last 3 weeks, this is how I see things working out. Obviously, it's impossible to foresee everything, but there are positive thoughts when looking towards the future

vs St. Louis- Might be the worst receiving group in football (especially with Amendola out). Steven Jackson will have problems gaining positive yards. Their secondary is tough though with Finnegan and Jenkins. Dolphins win 24-13 (3-3)

Bye

@NYJ- This team is a mess, and after playing the Texans tonight, I see this team continuing to implode. Dustin Keller and Stephen Hill SHOULD be back by this game but I cannot see the Dolphins losing to a team that is on the brink of destruction. Dolphins win 20-10 (4-3)

@Indy- This is a game where the Dolphins will out-physical the small-ish Colts. We must win time of possession and keep Luck and the Colts offense off the field. Dolphins win in a boring heavy-run game 17-16 (5-3) (I could see the Dolphins losing this one due to back to back away game plus the Luck to Wayne connection)

vs Tennessee- Titans are just an all around horrible team. Their point differential is abysmal. Chris Johnson should be benched yet they don't have anyone worth replacing him. Dolphins win 27-17 (6-3)

@Buffalo- This Bills team is the same team as last year. Start off hot and quickly fall off. I don't see the Dolphins having problems with this team as they're up and down ways will hurt the team's psyche. (7-3)

vs Seattle- Home against a West Coast team coming East. This team lives and dies with Lynch and I see the Dolphins front 7 controlling this game. Russel Wilson has also been erratic and I see the Fins winning big 31-13 (8-3)

vs NE- Brady and that offense is still too good against a suspect Dolphins secondary. Plus Riddley is looking like a stud to keep the Patriots offense balanced. Dolphins lose 28-17 (8-4)

@ San Fran- 49ers win, they're looking like a SB contender while Fins are still in rebuild mode. Although it will be interesting to see the 49ers offense become more one-dimensional as Gore will struggle. I'm okay with a loss here. Dolphins lose 27-10 (8-5)

vs Jacksonville- Dolphins come home after an ugly loss and wreak havoc on a struggling Jaguars team. 34-17 (8-6)

vs Buffalo- At this point of the season, I see Gailey either fired or on the hot seat. Fitzpatrick will have lost all confidence and the Bills implode. 27-17 (9-6)

@NE- This game will be for the playoffs... Do the Patriots bench their starters? If they do, easy win, if they do have something to play for, I can't see the Dolphins winning this game in Foxboro in late December. With Pats starters, Dolphins lose 30-17, just missing the playoffs (9-7)... If Pats bench starters, Dolphins win making the playoffs as a 5th seed wildcard.

The one game where I think the Dolphins could struggle is in Indianapolis. Overall though this is a weak schedule so I think the Dolphins can make some noise.

This is typical, where people believe we will beat the teams with losing records and lose against the teams with winning records, but it rarely happens this way....Im sure we will beat one of those winning record teams, as we will be let down by losing to a team with a losing record.

I am sticking to my 11-5 predection coulda been 13-3 damn missed kicks

We need to go on a tear. We need to sweep the Bills, smash the Jets in game two, and at least split with the Patriots to even have a shot.

Is it possible? Yes. Our defense is really stepping up, and we are competitive. It all comes down to whether or not Tannehill can continue to improve each week. If Tannehill keeps getting better, we can definitely win our share.

But it is not likely. Losing those two overtime games really, really hurts.

We still have to remember that this year is going to be a process. Let's work to make progress in '12.

Im still holding to my 9-7 preseason prediction. There are quite a few games left on that schedule where we play teams we are better than.

We arent beating the 9ers. Outside of that every game is winnable. 10-6 is a real possibility. If we had beaten the Jests, 11-5 and a division title were there.

I agree, and SF is a great team but I think we play similar styles of football and as long as this team improves week to week, its not unfathomable to beat SF or NE.

We had NE 17-0 at half last year. This team would not falter under this coaching staff.

I always felt this team could go 10-6 tops but likely 8-8. Every week somone is stepping up. This week Reshad Jones is looking the part and Nolan Carrol did a nice job. We get Clay and Gaffney going....look out, we could be the new San Fran.

We were beating Arizona 13-0 too and we saw what happened there...

Follow me on Twitter @vlatifi

9-7 with a wildcard doesn't seem impossible, but not very likely. But the Dolphins will probably overachieve this year.

We will split with the patriots... Seattle I can see us losing... We wont lose to Jax.

Possible, yes. Probable, no. My prediction of 8-8 at best is still looking good. And it's ridiculously premature to start chalking up wins against the Patriots-- whether we win a game here or there against them, they've owned the division since 2001 and have been absolutely dominant against the Dolphins since 2007, to the tune of 8 wins and only 2 losses.

If we can beat the patriots at home and the Jets can beat them once its conceivable we both could be 9-6 going into week 17. Maybe this really will be 2008 all over again only this time we deny the Pats and take the division.

Back
Top Bottom