Can This Dolphins Team Make History? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can This Dolphins Team Make History?

NastyNas

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
After reading the forums, i realize alot of you people are repetitive and cant add any new topics, so i've decided to spice it up and bring soem fresh ideas to the forum. Is this dolphin team super bowl calibure? Can this be the first team to host a superbowl at their home stadium and win it at home? (And to those of you that wanna come at me and say that the niners playing the superbowl at stanford stadium was a home game, it aint the same and doesn't count)

It would be nice if they do it, but this has already been a thread several times already. Just a little repetative.:rolleyes2

well its alot better than talking about harrington, dre bly, backup to ronnie brown, cfl, holistic medicine, tents in australia, ricky's comeback, and wannsteddtt's moustache threads.

NastyNas said:
well its alot better than talking about harrington, dre bly, backup to ronnie brown, cfl, holistic medicine, tents in australia, ricky's comeback, and wannsteddtt's moustache threads.

try backing away from the computer. It's may, what the heck are we supposed to talk about? :shakeno:

This time of year there is very little to talk about and there are bound to be repetative threads and rehashes. :wink:

To your question: I don't believe that we will be SB ready this year. We are still rebuilding and just about completely overhauled our QB corp. We have a new OC, and lost our most effective RB from last year. Ronnie Brown is now facing many more carries than he has ever been asked to do and our secondary is still a huge unkown.

I would like to be more optimistic but I think it may be a year or two more before we will see a shot at the Super Bowl.

Too soon to raise these BIG questions...

NastyNas said:
After reading the forums, i realize alot of you people are repetitive and cant add any new topics, so i've decided to spice it up and bring soem fresh ideas to the forum. Is this dolphin team super bowl calibure? Can this be the first team to host a superbowl at their home stadium and win it at home? (And to those of you that wanna come at me and say that the niners playing the superbowl at stanford stadium was a home game, it aint the same and doesn't count)

:shakeno:

Let me start off by saying that you're wrong. :eek: These questions have been raised before by many others people here in countless threads. The reason that we are not answering such questions at this time is because its simply too soon to be speculating on such topics.

We still have camps and pre-season to go thru in order to get our roster down to 53 men. We've also changed out 35% of our team. Logic tells you that this new group is going to need time to jell. The question marks are (1) the quarterback (Daunte's status for the season opener), which can't be rushed. (2) The play of the secondary (all new cast of characters...some injured). (3)The coaching staff running primarily the same system as before but with new coaches. Will all of these work out? Who knows.

Now don't get me wrong...It's fine to start a thread that poses certain possiblities that could be historic. However, they should be left to a later time. Especially when there is so much uncertainty at so many positions and with the coaching staff. Oh, and did I mention, we begin this mythical quest for the Lombardy Trophy by facing off against the reigning World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers....

But here is what we know at this point.... (1) this team is loaded with talent. (2) We have made substantial upgrades at several offensive positions (QB, FB, OL, WR, CB and FS). And we have one of the deepest coaching staff and best front office in all of the NFL.

How good will we be? I don't know....I hope we are very very very good!!!
Can we be hosting a SuperBowl in February? Maybe.
Will this team be the 1st to win a SB title at home? Maybe.

Let's play the games and find out...Now if we're 7-1 after 8 gms. Then you may pose these questions again and get a much bigger response.

Hope this helps.

I am not looking for us to reach the SB this year....it could happen but I think 2007 is more likely....I do think we have improved while the Pats have dropped off....I would just be happy winning the AFC East....I think Indy and Pittsburgh will be the team to beat in the AFC, and the Broncos will still be there (although they could fall off a little). Pittsburgh almost missed making the playoffs this past but they got hot at the right time. I think the same thing could happen to us this year, but I think this will mainly depend on DC's health and how soon the system comes together.

Roman529 said:
I am not looking for us to reach the SB this year....it could happen but I think 2007 is more likely....I do think we have improved while the Pats have dropped off....I would just be happy winning the AFC East....I think Indy and Pittsburgh will be the team to beat in the AFC, and the Broncos will still be there (although they could fall off a little). Pittsburgh almost missed making the playoffs this past but they got hot at the right time. I think the same thing could happen to us this year, but I think this will mainly depend on DC's health and how soon the system comes together.

Broncos arent going anywhere with Plummer at QB. Every year, things change. Miami could end up in the Superbowl. They have just as good a chance as anyone else. All depends on Culpepper.

I think that we are still a few players away from being a Super Bowl calibur team. IMO we are definately a playoff calibur team in the AFC. I am starting to think that the NFC is starting to catch up to the AFC and even at some point be the better conference.

I believe we are a shoe in for the playoffs, there is way too much tallent and the Patriots have fell so far. Once we get into the playoffs you never know. It is still the offseason, we cannot predict playoff wins and losses at this point.

NastyNas said:
dude your funny,love to stir it up.and oh yea i do think we can make a run at it.

well ur just repeating a bunch or threads from a few months ago, but yes the will make history

I'd like to think we are going to make a strong run for the Super Bowl, it would be so sweet to win it all at home.:dolphins:

No we wont win the Superbowl this year, I believe we will make the playoffs though.

Back
Top Bottom