Can we turn off the "post added function" on the site? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can we turn off the "post added function" on the site?

THE OG CANEPHINS

formally known as CANEPHINS
Reaction score
It is very frustrating when I reply to a post in a thread, then reply to another post and that reply is then put into the previous posts reply. It makes it seem like the latter reply was a reply to the original post when in fact it wasn't.

See attached. For those who use threaded view it is very cumbersome and makes it tough to keep track of conversations in their intended format. As you will see that reply doesn't show up in the thread view as intended. Even with me quoting hooshoops from his post. Very flawed system that needs to be done away with.

View attachment 15247

View attachment 15248

Lol. I'm a linear Oldest first guy. I didn't even know this view was an option until I just looked into it. I'm not sure if you can shut that off or not.

I actually just switched my to hybrid, hand for doing my job around here.

There is actually a flaw in hybrid mode as well. I cannot enter threads that are over a certain page #. I didn't test the cut off but the anything goes thread was a no go and that is couple hundred pages long.

Funniest thing is I got thanks on that post. But which post am I getting thanked for? Those are 2 separate posts merged into one and now share the thanks? Ummmmm...ok.

I don't use either function, it was something you enabled in your own profile because it's not enabled by default. anyway you should be back to regular mode now.

Test reply here

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Test reply here as well.

I don't use either function, it was something you enabled in your own profile because it's not enabled by default. anyway you should be back to regular mode now.

It is still doing it.

View attachment 15356

I had to exit totally out of the browser, reopen the page and then post to get it to not do that. If I am on the page and try to reply to 2 or more posts in the same thread, without doing so, then this happens.

I am also not the only person this happens with. I have seen it in quite a few threads with numerous posters.

Back
Top Bottom