can you guys give me your advice? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

can you guys give me your advice?

I worked at The Miami Dolphins Pro Shop for 3 years ending in 2009. I can tell you with confidence that that's WAAAY below even the cost price of authentic jerseys. Although the pictures the seller has are stock, 70 bucks with shipping is $5-10 less than the retail price of a replica from a sporting goods shop. I've seen some terrible, terrible "authentic" jerseys people have gotten off of ebay, although according to his feedback, people tend to like his jerseys, so he must have pretty decent fakes.

I'd stay wary.

A little pricey for a replica jersey. You could probably find an authentic for the same price somewhere

He's got it advertised as an authentic, with pictures of replicas and around replica price. Yeah, don't buy it.

No way an authentic is 60.00 Even good replicas can run almost $100. If you don't want to spend a lot of money I would order a replica from the Dolphins Pro Shop if available.

they only have like 10 players total on the pro shop? waddup with that?

For as long as I worked there, it was more along the lines of 5-6 current players (although Reebok doesn't make many more than that in a given season) with Dan Marino and like 2 throwbacks. Yeah it was pretty crappy.

The thing is, most of the different pro shops around the league aren't actually owned by the pro team, the team just gives them a spot on their facility, as was/is the case with The Miami Dolphins Pro Shop. When I worked there it was owned by a company called E-Sports who were much more concerned with their college sports (Tenn. Vols., TX A&M, OU, etc.) while battling internal corporate collapse, and didn't allow us to order our own stock. Not much you can do when the company that owns it doesn't care about the store.

EDIT: For about a year or so, we were able to make custom jerseys, but then we ran out of press on letters and numbers, which the company never replaced. >_<

If he says it is stitched, it is probably stitched. If you were to buy it and it didn't come as described, you could send it back and get a full refund. Email the seller on Ebay and ask about it.

No way an authentic is 60.00 Even good replicas can run almost $100. If you don't want to spend a lot of money I would order a replica from the Dolphins Pro Shop if available.

I got my Zach Thomas Authentic for less than 75 new.

Back
Top Bottom