"Can you teach somebody that isn't accurate to be accurate?" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Can you teach somebody that isn't accurate to be accurate?"

JSwerdy

Free Ricky!
Reaction score
Cameron's quotes from the press conference are pretty telling on why they didnt pick quinn,

"You kind of teach guys that are accurate to be even more accurate. Can you teach somebody that isn’t accurate to be accurate? I haven’t had any luck doing that. That’s, all I can do is take my experience. But you can take a guy who’s accurate and make him more accurate and that’s what we see in him at this pontâ€Â

Cameron's quotes from the press conference are pretty telling on why they didnt pick quinn,

Steve Young said the same thing yesterday. He said you can teach to improve technique and improve accuracy, but at the end of the day you either have it or you don't.

I sure hope the reason becomes apparent at some point.

Problem is, we won't know for a while if this is the case. That's why this "non-pick" hurts so much right now!

I sure hope the reason becomes apparent at some point.

Problem is, we won't know for a while if this is the case. That's why this "non-pick" hurts so much right now!

the reason is pretty apparant, no one had quinn as highly ranked as the media did. on the dolphins chart beck was higher, and for specific reason, his accuracy and ability to rise to the occasion under pressure, unlike the ND qb who isnt as accurate adn disappears when the game matters

Beck now has more pressure on his shoulders than Quinn ever would have....

this is very true, i was just thinking about this, the dolphins definitely mismanaged some of the PR with this considering they avoid the first round QB to avoid the "bust factor" of the hype and in doing so just created a bust factor for the 2nd round qb who isnt supposed to have that label

Beck now has more pressure on his shoulders than Quinn ever would have....

Really?.. i would think that the pressure would be on Ginn to prove his worth.

Beck is largely unheralded, he isnt looked at by the national media to play this year. I think it may be a blessing for him.

Really?.. i would think that the pressure would be on Ginn to prove his worth.

Beck is largely unheralded, he isnt looked at by the national media to play this year. I think it may be a blessing for him.

Beck now has to prove he's better than Quinn and still has the shadow of Marino to overcome as well...

agreed, I don't think the pressure is on Beck like it would have been on Brady Quinn. Everyone had Quinn labeled as the "Savior Of The Miami Franchise", and would have had huge expectation from day 1. The pressure will be on Ginn, Jr. Beck should be able to settle in nicely, and gradually progress into the starting role.

It's amazing how closely this incident mirrors what happened to Aaron Rogers, when he was projected by many to be a top 3 pick, and watched as every team passed on him. Green Bay finally took a chance on him, and they still don't know if he is their Qb of the future. He hasn't looked very good in practice or mop up time, so at least for now, it looks like the teams that were Qb-needy but still passed on Rogers knew what they were doing. Looks like Quinn may have had that same label attached to him, for whatever reasons.
If Quinn turns out to be a stud, then Cam will lose a ton of his credibility, but if he ends up being a dud, Cam is going to look like a genius by passing on Quinn when everyone had him written in ink for us at the 9 spot.
Time will tell.....

lets all relax and wait and see

i thought this is one of the calmer threads on the topic (why i started it) i was looking over the picks and got truly excited about the speed we gained yesterday, i just dont get why people can't look past all the hype

i think the pressure is Quinns. .to prove he was worthy of not being passed over. As far as the Marionoa legacy... it wouldn't matter who we brought in.. they would all be competing with Marino's shadow.

Back
Top Bottom