Cannot name one positive thing Gase has done since last season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cannot name one positive thing Gase has done since last season

Adam Gase is 40 years old. Did it ever occur to anyone he can actually improve? Learn? Grow as a head coach. He led the team to the playoffs last year with a so so group of talent. Can we let the man have some damn time? Why does a guy need to be fired after 9 games of so so results? Can we even finish the season before anyone brings in the dynamite to “blow it up” 25 games into a young coaches time? Sporano had four years. Philbin four years. Gase 1.5. Yeah, let’s blow it up.

Any calls to fire Gase are beyond ridiculous at this point, but I am in favor of blowing it up, but to me that means wiping out this joke of a front office, drafting a QB high, trading Tannehill but ONLY IF we get a pretty good offer (two 2nds is my floor of any potential deal) and making major changes to the coaching staff, specifically on defense, I'd like a new DC a new DL coach.

Some of what has been said is a little unfair toward Gase. Gase believed (as many fans have) that this team was close to making a push in the playoffs, he drafted well for the future and brought in players to shore up weak spots on defense and offense....LB, TE etc. That was the problem, we were never close especially with the Oline (which was neglected) and Dline (overrated) we have, also taking into account several overpaid players we currently have on this team.......it was a recipe for disaster. Last season was a mirage, a weak schedule and a couple of 200 yard performances slid us into the playoffs creating all this hype, but the signs were their that this team had major flaws and holes and if not addressed were going to eventually catch up with us which it did. There was no way that Gase could fix all these problems in a season, hence a bunch of stop gap players that currently reside on the roster. I haven't even talked about injuries which has decimated this team. The experiment failed we get that, now let's see what happens in the off season which I predict will be a major over haul......at least it should be. Saying all that....has Gase made mistakes? sure he has all coaches do, but this constant call to fire the man in his second season is nonsensical based on the fact that this team was crap before he even got here. Look, we have a young good head coach and a crappy team........give the man a couple more years to fix the problem. Many have said Gase is the problem, fair enough, but on that list of problems he is like #8.

This season is just a huge failure all around. It's hard to judge individuals when the team is this bad, but it's different with the head coach. This is on Gase. Sure, he's been dealt a shitty hand, but he's really done absolutely nothing to counter that. Regardless of who is available week to week.... This team has shown to be poorly prepared every week.

I'm all for giving rookie head coaches three years, but I think Gase's first season earned him a four year evaluation. 10/10 year one, but year two has been a disaster even considering the circumstances.

This season is just a huge failure all around. It's hard to judge individuals when the team is this bad, but it's different with the head coach. This is on Gase. Sure, he's been dealt a ****ty hand, but he's really done absolutely nothing to counter that. Regardless of who is available week to week.... This team has shown to be poorly prepared every week.

I'm all for giving rookie head coaches three years, but I think Gase's first season earned him a four year evaluation. 10/10 year one, but year two has been a disaster even considering the circumstances.
But he has done something:
The draft seems to have been a decent one (time will tell)
He has brought in players to plug holes
As far as not prepared....I don't think with this crop of players it would have mad much difference. The personnel is not very good.

I am not on the fire Gase bandwagon but I don't like what he is or isn't doing. If this team plays like it has throughout the remaining year and we come out next year playing from behind he has to be held accountable. A honeymoon period can't last 4 years in this age as teams can go from pretty bad to very good in a years time. We haven't improved and now need a running back, center, guard, TE, def coord, off coord imo.

Gase HAS to prepare his team better and come up with team game plans that can be fluid and adjust as the game goes on. I think he can do the latter as we seem to play better late but the poor starts will weigh on him. Our record including the 4 wins doesn't impress me as it does some here, the bad wins are great when you are competing above 500 in a push for 1st place but bad wins when your cellar dwelling means jack. I'll support Gase but he needs to look at himself in the mirror and see what most of us see. He'll kick players in the nuts but certain other staff and preferred players seem to get a free pass.

Excuse for every single thing. When you add it up together equals to bad coaching job.
Case in point, how can you rely on a player [pouncey] not practice all preseason and made no contingency plan.

Excuse for every single thing? We lost our starting QB, our defense was HISTORICALLY bad last season and yet we somehow made playoffs. Anyone who was honest with themselves knew this season was basically a write-off when Tannehill went down. I wish we didnt bring in Cutler but Gase wants to win, he did what he thought was best and I will never fault him for not throwing in the towel and believing in his guys even without Ryan. I'm tired of everyone wanting to get a rid of a young good coach who is still LEARNING and doesnt even have his QB who by the way, looked awesome before he got hurt last year. Also would you give it up on Pouncey, he was keeping him out of practices to keep him healthy which has worked. Pouncey regressed in skill and nobody saw that coming because he has been an animal his entire career. Do you think we can just have an elite backup C in case Pouncey gets hurt? everybody gets weaker if they lose a starter and everyone thought the key was just keeping Pouncey healthy. Our oline sucks and it better get fixed but Gase having faith in Pouncey is 100 percent understandable. Holy hell why doesnt anyone ever just think maybe our team isnt that good? Maybe we need new players? Nah lets blame everything on Gase

Does Tannenbaum and Grier get no blame around here? I know they are somewhat fulfilling what Gase wants, but we are stuck with a **** Oline bc we spent crazy money on guys like Branch, Stills, Suh, even Rashad and had nothing left to upgrade the line. Some of these were bad contracts and our GM (Grier or Tbaum idk) deserves a large portion of the blame. Not to mention all the wasted draft picks. Imagine we actually drafted a good G with the wasted picks on Caroo and next year on Anthony. Both awful.

With Cutler, J Thomas and Manualuga, Gase dug his own grave. Bringing on old retreads, particularly out of retirement, then watching them fail. The inability to motivate Timmons, Thomas, and Ajayi is the final nail in the coffin.

I am having a hard time coming up with any positive thing Gase has done since the Steelers blow out last season. The only thing may be a decent defensive draft, but from the performance last few games, the jury still out.
But the negatives...
Failed to make RT to have surgery
Rely on Pouncey
Failed to address the OL
Failed to handle Ajayi, which led to only getting a 4th
Play McMillan on special team
Started to lose the team when not starting Moore and signing Culter ( speculation, but there are some whispers on local talk shows )
Only sign players he familiar with
Wasting 10 mil on Culter
J Thomas
Manualuga
FAIL TO PREPARE THE TEAM IN EVERY GAME
refuse to be creative ( at least Sparano tried wild cat )
bad play calling
bad use of time out ( late in Chargers game )
Failed to motivate the team even on national TV

Last but not least, now I am not too sure he is offensive genius as he claims to be. Shula changed his whole offensive philosophy from power running to pure passing when he got Marino and Marks brothers. That is using players to their potential. Gase tried to make players to fit his system, like forcing a square peg to a round hole.

Some of you still giving him a bye because of RT, but back to my point again, Gase let RT to have the voodoo healing. And I am not sure even what a healthy RT can do behind this line.

Yes, he took the team to playoff in his first season. So did Sparano.

If you can't find one positive thing Gase has done this year, you are not giving it any effort!

4th and 1 against Carolina and you run right up the middle? Gase play calling still sucks... not to mention he's still calling the bubble screen 3-5 times a game.

I don't like all of Gase's calls but there were many times in that game when a play call had a receiver wide open and Cutler missed him, or a receiver or olineman missed his block. That 4th and 1 call was stupid, I agree hes not perfect but his playcalling is not horrible. The bubble screen thing is also because Landry struggles with option routes and its our way of getting the ball into his hands without him having to think. Gase is a good coach who works his ass off and cares about his players, hes a second year head coach, can we please give him time before we fire him, hire some crap coach and watch Gase flourish somewhere else because I guarantee he would have a job in seconds.

Does Tannenbaum and Grier get no blame around here? I know they are somewhat fulfilling what Gase wants, but we are stuck with a **** Oline bc we spent crazy money on guys like Branch, Stills, Suh, even Rashad and had nothing left to upgrade the line. Some of these were bad contracts and our GM (Grier or Tbaum idk) deserves a large portion of the blame. Not to mention all the wasted draft picks. Imagine we actually drafted a good G with the wasted picks on Caroo and next year on Anthony. Both awful.
Yes they've been horrible we definitely need an upgrade here.

I don't like all of Gase's calls but there were many times in that game when a play call had a receiver wide open and Cutler missed him, or a receiver or olineman missed his block. That 4th and 1 call was stupid, I agree hes not perfect but his playcalling is not horrible. The bubble screen thing is also because Landry struggles with option routes and its our way of getting the ball into his hands without him having to think. Gase is a good coach who works his *** off and cares about his players, hes a second year head coach, can we please give him time before we fire him, hire some crap coach and watch Gase flourish somewhere else because I guarantee he would have a job in seconds.
Agree he needs to get another year but you're kidding yourself if you think his stock hasn't dropped based on her performance this year.

Back
Top Bottom