Cant judge by Preseason

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by snake eyes, Aug 17, 2012.

1. snake eyes

snake eyes Well-Known Member

Green Bay is 0-2, Atlanta is 0-2. The Pat's got beat last week. I'm gonna wait until the real season starts. If we stink then well we will stink but It's all we have to hope for cuz after that It could be a long season.

2. Elle Clouds

Elle Clouds A True Fan

It's the fashion in which we are losing, not that we actually lose. This team has mustered a measly 17 points while giving up 43 at the moment. Our first team defense can't stop a car at a red octagon, wr's can't get open, offensive line can't block a newborn baby and dline applies no pressure. No excuse for this performance no matter the situation.

3. Predaphin

Predaphin Predator in the Water

it's not our 0-2 preseason record im concerned about. Rather it's the starting units getting killed consecutive weeks. If you watched Atlanta's games, their starters lead the game and the backups lost it, same with the Saints...meanwhile our starters are getting killed.

4. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

You don't look at the score...you look at what the players are doing in their 1-on-1 battles and their assignments. We are losing them across the board. We have a handful of players who should even be in the pros...

5. FrankP

FrankP Starter

I agree with the OP. I was at the pre-season game last year vs Carolina. We DOMINATED. Henne looked like a pro-bowler. Cam Newton like a high-schooler... look what happened afterwards.

Coaches have different measuring sticks for these games.

Yes, it was ugly, but let's wait and see before throwing ourselves out a building.

6. ryanosaur2000

ryanosaur2000 A True Fan Donator

It is not the record mate, it is that we are seeing very little positive play. I think we went 3-1 in pre-season in 2007 and went on to finish 1-15 in the regular season. In the first two games there have been more questions raised than answered and that is not a positive sign. We should be seeing some players making a push for the roster by now and that simply has not happened.

7. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

It's discouraging to be sure, for the reasons enumerated above. However, on the other hand, it's a new system, new defensive formation, new and raw players, new coaches and last season their fans weren't exactly jumping for joy over the 7-7 NY Giants (including losing 4 straight) before everything came together either.

8. Phantom

Phantom Phantom Donator

It's earley but so far i am not impressed with what i've seen.

9. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

Nice sig :D

10. jtoomuch

jtoomuch Apalled and aghast Donator

I see almost nobody playing like they're trying to win a job. No fire. Right now, this looks very very bad to me. Cam Cameron bad, maybe.

11. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Green Bay and Atlanta are 0-2 because they know what they are. They don't need to go out there and give a maximum effort. They don't need to play their first teamers for an extended period of time. They just need to go thru the motions, get used to some contact and come out of the preseason healthy.

Miami needs the preseason to get their **** together. It's a first year coach with a team playing a number of rookies who need to get their timing and techniques down with the speed of the NFL. This is why preseason matters for a team like us and it doesn't matter for a team like Green Bay.

We looked awful last night. I think we've gotten worse from week one against Tampa Bay. Right now, we can't afford to get worse.

12. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

We were 2-2 in pre-season in 2007 with both our wins by a combined 2 points

13. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

Players are not winning their match-ups, no fire. Teams can pass at will against us, 2nd and 3rd round picks look super soft out there.

14. AdamC13

AdamC13 Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

Teams like GB and Atlanta are well established and just looking to get through the preseason healthy.

Teams like Miami have a new HC, OC, and DC, new systems being installed. Our offense may have up to 5 new starters. For these teams preseason means a lot more, not the score or W-L but the effectiveness and cohesiveness.

15. ticophin

ticophin Starter Donator

I, for one, have faith in Philbin. What can he do, with the groceries he inherited? This exact same thing, ccream the top, see what surfaces, and take it from there year 1. Anybody who unrealistically believes we had a shot at the playoffs this year, with new EVERYTHING and the worst WR corps in the league, is smoking something worthy of sharing...

16. WVUBOB

WVUBOB Well-Known Member Donator

Agree, most meaningful pre-season game is coming up.........so before we start sliting our wrists & throats, as fans lets

at least keep an open mind and see what happens in this contest. Maybe the same or maybe some optimism. Who knows.