Can't Tannehill catch a break with a stable offensive Line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can't Tannehill catch a break with a stable offensive Line

Cowboynemo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Good grief...we should all be pissed at the last two years of sub-par offensive linemen...I'm surprised Tannehill is even standing.

In Lazor's offense the ball is going to come out much faster. Much fewer sacks for that reason alone. No patting the ball waiting to get hammered.

In Lazor's offense the ball is going to come out much faster. Much fewer sacks for that reason alone. No patting the ball waiting to get hammered.

We are going to find out real quick just how well the QB and receivers know this offense.

Last year the o-line was terrible.
None of the starters from last years o-line will be on the field week one.

I am willing to let these Guys prove what they can do as a group before I judge them either way.

Yes. I believe Lazor creating more pre snap motion and disguises and giving Tannehill less post snap reads will help more than any other thing in this offense.

Yep...this is where I come to cry about all thing Dolphin. I guess I'm just venting my frustration...Everytime I read or hear something about Pouncey and reshuffling this or that, it just pisses me off more and more. Good teams are stable, we can't seem to get this fixed. Every NFL talk show or radio broadcast says the same damn thing, "Miami won't compete until they get the O-line fixed ".

You may be correct, but last years eagles offense had hands down the best OL in football helping to make it run as good as it did. If fans think we are going to have anything close to the same kind of offense in Miami with the downgraded OL we have here, you are fooling yourselves. Gonna take a couple of years to get this OL straighten out.

You may be correct, but last years eagles offense had hands down the best OL in football helping to make it run as good as it did. If fans think we are going to have anything close to the same kind of offense in Miami with the downgraded OL we have here, you are fooling yourselves. Gonna take a couple of years to get this OL straighten out.

I think you're right on that. This is not a 1 year fix but it seems like a lot of people think that because we drafted a tackle in the 1st round and made some other changes that it is already better. Albert is definitely an upgrade as long as he is healthy. Otherwise, we have to see how these new guys play together in this system, and how James comes along. But the ball should be coming out faster this year which helps them in pass protection over last year's group at least.

This is year three of the Tannehill experiment: the year in which a QB is expected to put up or shut up. Remember, the average QB is defined by his environment. The great QBs thrive in spite of the environment. So far Tannehill has done nothing to show that he is anything other than a member of the average group. Let's hope that this season is the season that he moves from the average to the great.

Back
Top Bottom