Cap Space!!! (about $35.5 Million) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cap Space!!! (about $35.5 Million)

PublixSubsRule

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am sorry if this was already posted or if it is common knowledge, but I just found out today we are about $35.56 million under the cap (3rd highest). We also have 48 players under contract, which could be good or bad.

I think this is great news for us and leaves Ireland and Parcells a lot of room to make moves.

Link: http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

I am sorry if this was already posted or if it is common knowledge, but I just found out today we are about $35.56 million under the cap (3rd highest). We also have 48 players under contract, which could be good or bad.

I think this is great news for us and leaves Ireland and Parcells a lot of room to make moves.

Link: http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

I saw that a few days ago. I'm not a Capologist, but I'm guessing that if we let some overpriced people go there could be cap ramifications. So I don't know if that number is going to go up or down if any of the payments are accelerated to this year.

I'm thought a lot of other "sources" have said we're closer to 25mil but after cuts we'd be closer to 30-35 mil. i.e. M.booker 4millionish with no cap penalty. I hope your right because we'd be in great shape to add a lot of solid players and maybe a top ender as well.

That's great! Usually it is the other way around.

would you choose us over the Chargers if you were a FA?
would depend on the FA and if they plan on starting or not...the Chargers dont have a lot of open spots on the roster...if your an older vet looking to tag along for a playoff run its an easy answer but Miami is just as nice as far as places to live and its also got much better tax policies...and a lot of open spots for starters.

we can get so many good players with this money. U can spend money on 3 top players easily.

would depend on the FA and if they plan on starting or not...the Chargers dont have a lot of open spots on the roster...if your an older vet looking to tag along for a playoff run its an easy answer but Miami is just as nice as far as places to live and its also got much better tax policies...and a lot of open spots for starters.

very good point

you made me feel better

Maybe, maybe not, but I wouldn't bet against Parcells since he took most of the wizards with him from Dallas that helped him turn the 'Pokes around. He's not on the ten year plan; we all know he doesn't stay in one place too long, so if I was a FA I'd figure the Fins to be no worse than 8-8 by 2009 with a roster full of young talent like in Dallas. Yeah, I'd want to be a part of that.

Did you read the article on PFT stating that Rivers played the game against the Patriots without an ACL? They expect him back in six months, but what if he's never the same? If SD has to look for another QB that could set them back. Look what not having a QB has done to us. One way or the other we're going to have a good QB... Ireland seems determined.

Looking at SD as being the preferred choice because they just played in the AFCCG is one way to think about it. You know what has kind of surprised me is the amount of Dallas coaches who are following Parcells and Ireland over to Miami. These guys WANT to be around a Parcells driven football program. I would think there would be an awful lot of players with the same mindset.

I know this is off-topic but Publix subs are really incredible.

Thank you Randy Mueller......

Back
Top Bottom