Cap space now? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cap space now?

Salguero had this in his blog today in the Herald.

He said the actual savings is about 8 million. It was 12 million, but about 4 million of that is "dead" money.

Somewhere around 11 million I think this should put us well under 300 million under cap

Don't forget the article where they say expect Parcells to start contacting players to restructure their contract, and this is real restructuring not salary to bonus type stuff.

Parcells is cleaning house, and we're gonna have some cash available. I love it.

so that puts us some where around 44.mil in cap space ?

It's all in how you figure it. There are several figures flowing out there including Booker's salary. I've read anything from 3.7 to 5 Mil and Dead money from 0 to his last years proration of his bonus. I think the 44 Mil figure comes from taking into account last years dead money but you really can't do that because the new year hasn't started yet. Minus the 9 just cut the only Dead money on the books, as of March 1st, should be Chambers bonus money and that all gets charged to this year.

I hope that helps but when you talk salary and contracts in the NFL you really get into muddy waters.

It depends on the bonuses. I believe Green and Booker's bonuses were paid by Kansas City/Chicago (I think Booker had a 6 year contract spanning from his Chicago days in 2002, but I could be wrong)... just from that we should save around 7 million. As far as the others go, I really have no clue.

Don't forget the article where they say expect Parcells to start contacting players to restructure their contract, and this is real restructuring not salary to bonus type stuff.

Parcells is cleaning house, and we're gonna have some cash available. I love it.

That is exciting stuff. If Cam asked me to restructure I could have said hell no. Parcells & Co. would be alot more intimidating, draw the blinds and get the Godfather music playing in the background.....

Well with a "Spring Cleaning" everyone needs to prepare for the inevitable, which will mean that we will not make the playoffs this year - maybe next if we are lucky.

In fact I will go as far to say that we the Miami Dolphins will only win 5 or 6 games this season. Which would set us up for another big draft year in 2009.

I'm not a nay sayer, but instead am a realist and know all to well that our team has been neglected because they were never allowed to rebuild. Wayne and the us the Dol-Fans never gave the team the chance to rebuild, it has always been we must win now.

i would love to see him n the secondary. we need 2 pull a saving silverman mission n pull Wes out of boston. i was so pisd when they made that trade. just got my bad a$$ Welker jersey a month b 4

Before the cuts, we had $35 million. ($13 million allocated for draft picks).
http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

As for deducting Trent Greens entire $4.1 million salary... like Armando did... We gave Green a big bonus last year, so I think we get stuck with some dead-cap on him.

We gave Trent a new contract when he got here, so there will be some dead cap with him. ($1.3 million if I recall correctly.)

Marty was still playing under the contract Chicago gave him, so all of his bonus accelerated to the Bears when that trade went down. We save 100% of his $4.3 million base salary next year.

Back
Top Bottom