Cap Space Should Have Dolphins Excited For Free Agency Period | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cap Space Should Have Dolphins Excited For Free Agency Period

twofactor23

Practice Squad
Reaction score
"We are exactly one month away from the NFL Free Agency period and for Dolphins fans it should be a wild ride.
According to Spotrac, the Miami Dolphins total cap hit for 2013 is a measly $77,722,784. It was announced a week ago that the salary cap was set to $121.1 million so that leaves the Dolphins with just under $44 million to spend.
With loads of cap space and plenty of free agents of their own, there will definitely be news coming out of Davie headquarters both good and bad. GM Jeff Ireland has done a lot of talking in recent weeks about improving this football team, but now it is time for him to back it up.
The most important free agency acquisition this off-season should be at wide receiver. It is vital that the Dolphins get a proven number one option to bolster their receiving core and help Ryan Tannehill progress in his second season. How often does a rookie wide receiver make a huge impact? Not very often."

More at:
http://www.gridirontribune.com/cap-space-should-have-dolphins-fans-excited-for-free-agency-period/

If we spend to the ceiling like rumors speculate, it'll be more than fun. This is going to be epic!

Go Fins!!! I can't believe I'm saying "Go get em Ireland!"

"How often does a rookie wide receiver make a huge impact? Not very often."
very wise statement.

last year Justin Blackmon had 865 yds 5 TD's
Michael Floyd 562 2 TD
TY Hilton 861 7 TD
Chris Givens 698 3 TD

Everyone else was around 300 yds or less and 2 or 3 TD.

very wise statement.

Michael Floyd 562 2 TD
TY Hilton 861 7 TD
Chris Givens 698 3 TD

I personally wouldn't expect much from any rookie WR in year one. Years like AJ Green's rookie season are not common. I fully expect Jeff to resign Hartline, go after Jennings or Wallace (I prefer Jennings), and draft a receiver in the later rounds.

I think the team (me as well) like what they saw out of Matthews late in the year, and will pin their developmental hopes on him as our "rising star" at receiver. Whether that's right or wrong, only time will tell. I like Patterson from Tennessee, but I just don't see that happening. Jeff knows that he needs to load up to give Tannehill what he needs this year. No way he lets another season pass with hoping what he currently has on the roster will do. Expect a splash this off season.

very wise statement.

Michael Floyd 562 2 TD
TY Hilton 861 7 TD
Chris Givens 698 3 TD

add Josh Gordon with 805 yards and 5 tds
Kendall Wright with 626 yards and 4 tds

I just hope we don't kill our cap situation completely just this year. We definetely need to be smart about it.

consider me excited. Ireland better not F this up. I have been one of the lesser Ireland haters up until now.....he better not turn me in to a full blown hater with bad decisions this offseason.

very wise statement.

Michael Floyd 562 2 TD
TY Hilton 861 7 TD
Chris Givens 698 3 TD

hilton was the most impressive by far and he was a 2nd/3rd option at most times. Any wr the jags draft wont accomplish much with those awful QB's. overall this wr draft class has much more potential then last year IMO

Back
Top Bottom