Carlos Hyde Jr. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carlos Hyde Jr.

crossfit93

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I've watched this kid for 3-4 games now. I hope the dolphins pull the trigger on him. Possible 3rd round pick, what do you guys think?

Why "free agent"?

I agree he is a good yang to Miller. I wonder in free agency they should look for an experienced back.

Showed strong character by fumbling, but coming back strong.

Why "free agent"?

I agree he is a good yang to Miller. I wonder in free agency they should look for an experienced back.

I would prefer to get a big back in the draft. They're cheaper & you control them for four years. I'd like to grab a big back like Hyde or Andre Williams in the 4th round so we can drop Thomas' sorry butt. Hyde may not have great top end speed but he has that quick make you miss step similar to Eddie Lacy.

KaDeem Carey is a badass, so is Seastrunk, and Storm Johnson. I know some having been calling this upcoming draft weak overall but I disagree. I feel like its deeper at all most every position than last year.

I wouldn't make too much of his game today. Michigan is not good.

It's not just one game against scUM. He has 7 100 yd games in a row, 1300 rush yards and 16 total TD's in only 10 games. He's a load at 230+, breaks tackles, has deceptive quickness and speed, catches the ball well out of the backfield and is more than capable in pass protection. He has the makings of a very good all-around back. The Phins would be lucky to have him.

I know some having been calling this upcoming draft weak overall but I disagree. I feel like its deeper at all most every position than last year.

I don't think it's a weak class at all although TE is dreadful after the top four guys. Comparing 2013 & 2014 by position with the expectation that all of the top juniors will declare:

QB - 2014
RB - 2013
FB - irrelevant
WR - 2014
TE - 2013
OT - 2014
G - 2013
C - 2014
DE - push
DT - push
ILB - 2013
OLB - 2014
CB - 2013
S - 2013

Carlos Hyde is nasty. He reminds me a lot of Daniel Thomas coming out, but with actual power. He's going to be a great player in the league.

I would prefer to get a big back in the draft. They're cheaper & you control them for four years. I'd like to grab a big back like Hyde or Andre Williams in the 4th round so we can drop Thomas' sorry butt. Hyde may not have great top end speed but he has that quick make you miss step similar to Eddie Lacy.

Isaiah Crowell, former SEC freshman of the year for Georgia who was kicked out of school and transferred to Alabama State. Should be a late round pick due to character concerns but he's kept himself clean for the last two years. No incidents off the field from what I know.

If The Phins sign a LT in Free Agency then Hyde should be the pick.

Michigans front 7 is very young and has struggled all season. UM has simply spread out defenses the Buckeyes have faced and handed the ball to Hyde. Also helps having an athletic QB like Miller. Let's see what Hyde can do against Sparty in the B1G Championship. That defense is unreal.

Let's see what Hyde can do against Sparty in the B1G Championship. That defense is unreal.

He did pretty dang well. Most OSU fans are upset they didn't hand him the ball more. If they had, especially on the 4th and 2 late in the game, they probably would have won and would be playing for the title in a month.

Hyde is a beast. 8-consecutive 100 yard games after last night's performance. If he hadn't missed the first 3 games, he'd be in the Heisman discussion.

Back
Top Bottom