Carlos Hyde Jr. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carlos Hyde Jr.

I was impressed with his effort in the MSU game. I'm not sure you can't get him in the 2nd rd though, rb just isn't highly valued in the draft right now.

I was impressed with his effort in the MSU game. I'm not sure you can't get him in the 2nd rd though, rb just isn't highly valued in the draft right now.

I'm pretty sure he's not going any higher than the 2nd round. As you said, the RB position isn't valued like it used to be.

I think it depends on a couple things like how he measures at the combine and how much teams value the pick. I could see a team like the Giants trading back and taking him earlier than expected.

i thought the corner dennard for msu looked really good...very impressed with him...i liked the lb shazier for osu he finds the ball a lot but he tackles high a lot and arm tackles and doesn't always wrap up...looked good in a zone drop and flied to the football...sifted thru trash pretty well

the corner roby is an ankles tackler and small...explosive but i don't see secure tackler

hyde i liked what i saw for the most part...but the massive weight loss makes me wonder if he will keep it off in the pros

there was a dt for osu washington #92 who flied to the ball and was on his horse all game long...flashed well for me

There's a lot of buyer beware for me when it comes to Urban Meyer coached kids on offense. Most of them struggle in the NFL and some never get it. They lack the knowledge of playing the traditional positions they get drafted for. Percy Harvin, for everything everyone says about this guy, and he is explosive, still can't run a simple NFL route tree. It took Alex Smith 8 years before he finally became a decent QB, Aaron Hernandez before his arrest was used in non-conventional ways but when asked to fill in for Gronk after Gronk went down he wasn't nearly as effective...not sure Meyer ever produced a decent WR outside of Harvin. He has produced some good O-lineman for the NFL and some good defensive players but his offensive players, especially at the skill positions, would make me pause.

Hyde had some huge holes to run through. What I don't see is a back that can run parallel to the LOS, find the hole and cut up through that crease to get yards. There just won't be holes that big in the NFL...what kind of vision does he have?

i agree with the buyer beware aspects...i was kinda wondering how what i was seeing would translate to the nfl with hyde...

Urban Meyer has never had a RB like Carlos Hyde before. Plus, he didn't recruit him. Hyde is one of the leftovers from the Tressell regime. But Meyer has already stated that he is one best players he's ever coached.

In short, the comment regarding Urban Meyer coached players really isn't valid in this case. Hyde is an old school power back, with deceptive speed and quickness. He breaks tackles, can catch the ball out of the backfield, and he can block.

If you had seen Hyde play extensively this season, you wouldn't have made the same comments. Every single player that comes into the NFL has question marks about them and there's no guarantee anybody will pan out. However, the concerns expressed here are bogus.

Urban Meyer has never had a RB like Carlos Hyde before. Plus, he didn't recruit him. Hyde is one of the leftovers from the Tressell regime. But Meyer has already stated that he is one best players he's ever coached.

In short, the comment regarding Urban Meyer coached players really isn't valid in this case. Hyde is an old school power back, with deceptive speed and quickness. He breaks tackles, can catch the ball out of the backfield, and he can block.

If you had seen Hyde play extensively this season, you wouldn't have made the same comments. Every single player that comes into the NFL has question marks about them and there's no guarantee anybody will pan out. However, the concerns expressed here are bogus.

He said the same about Tebow dude. He's a salesman. And by your comments I'm assuming your an OSU fan...Am I right?

so the massive weight loss is not something to be concerned with??? concerns about keeping it off in the pros are unfounded i take it

i dont really care about the urban meyer thing but i think the system hyde plays in gives me some pause as to how it will translate...i expect a bigger learning curve with hyde in the nfl

He said the same about Tebow dude. He's a salesman. And by your comments I'm assuming your an OSU fan...Am I right?

You assume that, why? Because I have seen and know more about Hyde than you? Or because I disagree with you? Either way, it's an incorrect assumption.

so the massive weight loss is not something to be concerned with??? concerns about keeping it off in the pros are unfounded i take it

i dont really care about the urban meyer thing but i think the system hyde plays in gives me some pause as to how it will translate...i expect a bigger learning curve with hyde in the nfl

So now a new concern is being entered into the discussion? The weight thing wasn't previously mentioned. If you have concern over that, I don't necessarily think it's unfounded. I can see the reasoning behind it. I simply stated that the 'Urban Meyer' coached players reasoning was unfounded and provided some reasoning why.

As for your 2nd comment, to what 'system' do you refer? A running system? The kid mostly runs between the tackles. How exactly does that not translate to the NFL? If you don't believe he will be able to break tackles and/or drag defenders in the pros as he has done in college, I can understand the concern. But I don't share the concern because tackling in the NFL is a lost art anyway. This kid has the size, strength and power that allows him to break through arm tackles or those that do not wrap up. He gets better as the game goes on and defenses tire out.

i said in my first post that the weight loss was something that has to be considered going forward as in can he keep it off...i think he can run between the tackles i just think there will be a learning curve off what i saw vs michigan state at least with how ohio state went about things vs transitioning into our offense for instance...

i havent seen the kid all that much either and i fully acknowledge that...just some initial takes

If Hyde is available in the middle rounds I would take him. I don't care if he is 3rd string for the first year but his vision, power, balance, and feet for a big guy his size is pretty dam good. He did have his one little slip up and took a 3 game suspension for it and after he has some big games he shows some emotion and you can see how much the game means to him. I am an Ohio State fan and I am very disappointed that this is his last year with the team.

If you're tired of the Do;phins being stopped on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 then Hyde is your man. He's a beast on short yardage.

Back
Top Bottom