Carpenter could be gone.. Do we care? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carpenter could be gone.. Do we care?

no. Not really. Decent kickers are fairly easy to find now. Unless there's someone with a super booming, super accurate leg, then no. Save the $$$ & use it on a play making FA.

His confidence is blown. Cut him now to prevent future losses...

2013 is a big year for us and our kicker not being 100% upstairs is a huge problem.

I'm indifferent. I think at one point during the season the announcers said he was like 10-25 on FGs over 45 yards going back in time of course. I think since then he improved. I know I don't want Nate "never miss until it really counts" Kaeding. I'm not a fan of kickers or punters - if you are relying on them to win games, they will only break your heart - unless their name is Viniteiri. My point is, let's get good enough we don't have to worry about whether this guy is 18-20 or 12-20 next year!

Frankly, I would just cut his ass outright. Forget the training camp competition. He isn't worth the money, especially as shaky as he has been lately. They can get any number of guys to replace him easily.

Time to move on from Carp. He was money early on in his career, but is now to inconsistent.

Yeah. No, I think given the facts, Carp is out. We need to get a newbie kicker who gets it done and works for under a mill so we can spend it elsewhere

From HTC 1 X

we still have nate kaeding on the team dont we if thats the case good riddance let carpenter go somewhere else kaeding is the way better kicker and a former pro bowler

I don't want to cut Carpenter if the answer is Kaeding, but i would be fine if we drafted a kicker or picked up an UDFA. Kaeting is not the answer, IMO. Rather have Carpenter.

Kaedig is a choker...handed the jest a pass to the 09 conference title game by missing 3 FGs including 2 from closer than 40..I don't want him.

I'd try to restructure and keep him. For a long time.

Carpenter has three of the traits most valuable in a kicker -- initial height, effortless distance and great mechanics.

The latter is particularly undervalued. I've mentioned previously that my friends and I play a little game, betting tourists on which side of dead center the kick will end up. It's not difficult at all once you know what to look for. Feels like stealing. Carpenter is one of the few guys, the very few number of guys, who we never use during those bets. His setup mechanics are ideal. If he misses it's due to a push or pull but he never lines up improperly.

He got a bit quick during his slump then relaxed later in the season.

I think he is very replaceable. I dont mind bringing in competition. If he out performs the other guy keep him but he does make too much money

Carpenter would have been gone week 5

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Should

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Should

Back
Top Bottom