Casserly believes Fins can reacquire the picks from the Marshall trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Casserly believes Fins can reacquire the picks from the Marshall trade

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
If Jerry trades up with us, it'll be for Earl Thomas. They've been thinking of trading up for one of the safeties and they realize it's going to cost.

Yeah, you'd be looking to get their one, their two and next year's one.

That would be a lot to give up. But then again, this is Jerry Jones, he believes his team is one or two players away, and Earl Thomas is a Texas kid.

I'd be jumping through hoops if we swung that trade.

i honestly see us trading down and drafting or hoping to draft i should say brandon graham,

i see trade partners that could be are the texans(spiller),cowboys(dez bryant)
eagels and bengals are sitting with a couple 2nd and 3rd rounders who may want to move up.

If Jerry trades up with us, it'll be for Earl Thomas. They've been thinking of trading up for one of the safeties and they realize it's going to cost.

I'm all for trading down, I just worry who might be of interest to us at 27. I don't want to sacrifice the chance to get one of the better pash rushers (Graham, Morgan) or safeties (Thomas) just to get an extra pick.

Jerry Hughes is borderline whether he'll be there or not, same with Sergio Kindle (who I'm not sure I want anyway) and I have no use for Taylor Mays with the 27th pick.

Maybe we would change directions all together and look for an offensive lineman (Anthony Davis) or a tight end (Gresham, Gronkowski).

Trading down sounds great, but let's not trade ourselves out of getting one of the elite players.

I'm all for trading down, I just worry who might be of interest to us at 27. I don't want to sacrifice the chance to get one of the better pash rushers (Graham, Morgan) or safeties (Thomas) just to get an extra pick.

Jerry Hughes is borderline whether he'll be there or not, same with Sergio Kindle (who I'm not sure I want anyway) and I have no use for Taylor Mays with the 27th pick.

Maybe we would change directions all together and look for an offensive lineman (Anthony Davis) or a tight end (Gresham, Gronkowski).

Trading down sounds great, but let's not trade ourselves out of getting one of the elite players.
The draft is not an excat science. Drafting high doesn't mean you're getting an elite player. The bottom line...the more picks you can get, the better you're chance of landing great players. Brandon Marshall was selected in the 4th round.

They could then justify selecting T.Cody at 27, but I really doubt they want to trade back that much. I bet they don't trade back at 1 time further then 20, Kindle will be the pick!

I could see Everson Griffen being there in the mid- to late- 20's range if we traded down.

That could actually be the Dolphins' reasoning behind fawning after Earl so much.
I was thinking the exact same thing. However, you have to wonder what we do if Berry falls to us. It changes how you have to look at the safety situation to me. It may also have teams willing to give up more to get him than they would for Earl Thomas.

Back
Top Bottom