CB Lafayette Pitts gives receivers fits, earns second look | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CB Lafayette Pitts gives receivers fits, earns second look

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
082516-spt-dolphins-falcons-035-1.jpg

Dolphins defensive back Lafayette Pitts (40) can’t control a fumble before stepping out of bounds at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida on August 25, 2016. (Allen Eyestone / The Palm Beach Post)

Maybe no one should squint to find the answer on why the Dolphins offered Pitts a free-agent tender despite seeing limited duty in 2016.
“Swagger,” coach Adam Gase said.
Gase was describing Pitts last season, which means he saw a trait in the rookie corner that many saw in the Dolphins’ rookie coach.
The Dolphins see room for growth. Pitts’ role will revolve around improvement and offseason moves to add depth to an area hard hit by injuries last season. The secondary became more crowded in April when Miami took Clemson CB Cordrea Tankersley in the third round.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...pitts-gives-receivers-fits-earns-second-look/

This is a kid who has intrigued me from the jump. The fact that he has Gase's attention is very telling. I think he makes the 53. If he is reliable covering the slot, McCain could be vulnerable.

McCain has struggled quite a bit, with stretches of decent play too. I've seen too many defensive backs take three plus years to figure it out while getting roasted early. For example, Terrell Buckley was a mess for years and then the switch flipped and he became a plus performer. But, I'd say McCain is getting to do or die time soon, especially if Pitts flashes in the slot.

I thought our UDFA haul of DBs last year was pretty good. Pitts, Hendy and Shamiel Gary all looked like roster contributors to me. Was sorry to see Gary get cut (he's with the Bills now)

Pitts gives his all on ST and did OK when called on last year. Word in the VIP section is Gase likes McCain and didn't want him switched out for Thomas last season when struggling. So the fact Gase likes Pitts too might not help him as much as you think. Happy to see him get his chance in training camp and preseason. Maybe the progress of Hendy and him partly explain the headscratching signing of so many WR UDFAs and not much DB depth this year.

McCain is obviously the weak link, been wondering about this guy. Someone has to take the starting job, Tankersley is grabby press corner? Sounds like slot to me.

McCain is obviously the weak link, been wondering about this guy. Someone has to take the starting job, Tankersley is grabby press corner? Sounds like slot to me.

Tankersley isn't suited to play the slot. Doesn't fit his athletic traits.

Word in the VIP section is Gase likes McCain and didn't want him switched out for Thomas last season when struggling.
Actually I believe it was stated the opposite. Gase wanted to replace McCain with Thomas but Joseph preferred McCain. With Joseph gone, I'd say that Bobby needs to improve to keep his role.

Actually I believe it was stated the opposite. Gase wanted to replace McCain with Thomas but Joseph preferred McCain. With Joseph gone, I'd say that Bobby needs to improve to keep his role.

You girls get your gossip straight in the Oracle before you present it on the mains.(lmfao)

This isn't CNN for phuck's sake...

You can't just spew nonsense like Clyde Christensen has a secret infatuation with Mrs. Claus, when we all know it's the other way around.

That's how you kill Christmas! Do you wanna kill Christmas!?!

I didn't think so...

You girls get your gossip straight in the Oracle before you present it on the mains.(lmfao)

You can't just spew nonsense like Clyde Christensen has a secret infatuation with Mrs. Claus, when we all know it's the other way around.

I didn't think so...

Uhhhhhh

giphy.gif

I didn't think so...
How do you know it's nonsense? It sounds familiar to me

Ahhhh, sorry, I just can't resist... that's just my Feaux outrage humor.

I can't really confirm or deny the Mrs. Claus allegation, but I'm pretty sure she's Russian...

Back
Top Bottom