CB's in drills today | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

CB's in drills today

Poyer at 4.46. Thank you Jordan. I'm telling you, this is the CB pick in the second!

Honey Badger had a real nice day. Banks disappointed. Mayock has peaked my interest in Josh Johnson and Shamarko Thomas.

Darius Slay unofficial 4.37. Didn't look that quick to me.

Interesting if it is, because the knock on him was always pace. He could be in line for a big rise.

Trufant 4.31 unofficial.

Big result for Desmond.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Vaccaro 4.59 unofficial. That may hurt him a bit - in terms of him being a top 10 candidate.

Amerson had a bad game . . . and Stephen Morris had a great game as well as his WRs. That Miami speed snuck up on him and bit him in the ass. Still, one game doesn't define a career and it shouldn't in Amerson's case.

It wasn't just one game, although not even a half-crippled, still hung-over from the night before UDFA gives up 5 TD passes in one game. He was torched by Patterson and Zach Rogers (borderline UDFA) for 3 TD's (one on a reverse) in the season opener. Followed by getting smoked by DeAndre Hopkins, who damn near runs 4.6 vs. Clemson.

His problem is transition and hips, not long speed. That's why he was always playing at least 10 yards off his man in a soft zone... he played in a scheme designed to hide his flaws... which is inability to man up and transition.

Again, long speed isn't the problem. Taylor Mays had long speed, but you don't want him at cornerback.

The thing is, there's at least two threads in here that date back prior to the opening of the season where I forecasted that this would happen to Amerson. A legitimate cover corner does not stay in a soft zone 100% of the time. They just dont. Trust me.

They're left on an island playing bump-and-run or press, especially behind pressure (3rd downs, etc.) People don't realize that you can watch how the DC utilizes a player and already have a pretty firm grasp on why he's being used that way.

Amerson can tackle and has outstanding ball skills, as long as the action is schemed to stay in front of him. However, one double-move later... you better have safety help cheating over the top towards Amerson if you're going to leave him at corner, which just limits your entire defensive scheme.

I think he's a safety. Always have.

They have Rhodes at 4.41, a little better than expected I think. Certainly didn't hurt himself.

Little Trufant with a 4.31. He was already seen as a late first but with Banks really struggling today, Trufant has a chance to shoot up the boards

Xavier Rhodes looks like he hurt himself. 4.41 on both runs.

Duke Williams ran a very solid 4.43. Like him a lot.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

They were projecting him at about 4.5 so I doubt it hurt him, it actually may have helped him. 10 yard split was very good.

Think he means that he actually hurt himself. He came up gimpy at the end of his 2nd 40. Looked like a hamstring.

Darius Slay unofficial 4.37. Didn't look that quick to me.

Interesting if it is, because the knock on him was always pace. He could be in line for a big rise.

Again, people kept saying this, and I'm just going to throw this up from a post of mine about a week and a half ago:

I've liked Slay for a while now. People keep talking about his lack of speed and I'll be curious to see what he runs at the combine. However, when I had talked to some Missisippi State fans before the Northwestern bowl game, they were telling me that he ran something in the high 4.3s entering college.

Seems Mississippi State fans know what they're talking about.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

They were projecting him at about 4.5 so I doubt it hurt him, it actually may have helped him. 10 yard split was very good.

I'm pretty sure he meant he hurt himself as in hurt his hamstring at the end of the second run. Not hurt his draft stock.

who has looked most impressive in speed turn and transition drills?

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

I like Trufant as my #2 CB off film. Helped himself by 4.31 unofficial, two brothers are NFL CB's.

Back
Top Bottom